Chapter 34: Baby proofing

"Josh" I whine as I walk downstairs and find my boyfriend's eyes glued to the TV instead of our crawling 7 month old son. I love Josh, I really do, but when he gets into a show there's absolutely nothing that can get his attention, except maybe seduction, but that's highly unlikely.

It's been a few weeks since the whole drama of me being focused solely on school and everything seems to have calmed down a bit. We entered the month of February pretty calmly which I was quite thrilled about, no drama makes life easier. Noah finally said dada about a week ago which I found hilarious because he randomly said it in the tub whilst I was giving him a bath and Josh, well, he was sitting on the toilet doing his business. Nevertheless Josh was absolutely thrilled which made my heart melt because it somehow made him even closer to Noah.

Sadly Noah's turning 7 months old today, he's such a big boy. Out of nowhere he randomly started crawling a whole lot more and not to mention he's fast. If you don't watch him, he'll already be on the other side of the room. I feel like as each month goes by he gains more energy and I can already tell that this boy is going to tire the hell out of me when he becomes a toddler.

"What?" Josh asks, his gaze not once leaving the flat screen. "Noah" I simply say as I pick up my son who was heading towards the kitchen. "Josh you know he goes everywhere you can't just leave him on the floor without watching him" I remind my boyfriend for like the tenth time, "Right, I'm sorry baby" he apologises his gaze fixated on the TV.

I groan and place Noah back on his blanket and in front of toys. "Josh!" I snap moving to stand in front of him, blocking the TV, "What?" He asks finally looking at me. "Would you please pay attention to what I'm saying?" I beg placing my hands on my hips, "You know damn well your son is a freaking traveller and you get obsessed with your shows so if you want to watch them put Pumpkin in his bouncer" he smiles and leans forward, gripping my waist and pulling me down to him, successfully making me straddle his lap.

"Worried mama is quite sexy on you" he admits making me roll my eyes "I'm more like annoyed mama right now" I say pushing his chest as I try to move away from him. "Not gonna happen baby" he smirks pulling me even closer to him, "The only thing that's happen is me yelling at you for not keeping an eye on your son" he shrugs and moves his hands to the small of my back before slowly lowering them to my ass.

"I'm serious Josh" I say grabbing his hands and moving them back to my waist, "I don't want Noah to get hurt".

"Me too" he agrees "Look, I'm sorry I won't do it again, I promise" he assures me "Now let me seal it with a kiss" he adds with a slight smirk. I roll my eyes playfully but give into him and lean down to kiss him, my lips move against his in a slow kiss that makes butterfly erupt in my stomach. He parts my lips, moving his hands back down to my ass whilst giving it a squeeze making a moan tumble from my lips and my body shiver when his tongue glides over mine.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm craving myself some Josh. We haven't exactly had enough alone time together, when we do we're usually out or we just don't have enough time to do what we really want, or we're just too busy doing something else. So right now the feeling I have to put down Noah for an early nap just so I can take advantage of some alone time with Josh because he doesn't have to go to extra business classes is totally normal. However that feeling goes away right when I hear something fall and Noah starts crying.

I quickly pull away from Josh, my eyes roaming around the living room for my son. I find him lying on the floor, in front of the bookshelf with some weird decoration next to him. "Shit" I mumble rushing over to him, "Oh, Pumpkin" I coo picking him up, "Are you okay?" I ask sitting on the arm chair of the sofa as I move Noah to take a proper look at him and that's when I notice a little cut on his forehead. My heart sinks and I feel like the worst person ever, here I was telling Josh off about not keeping an eye on his son when I did the exact same thing. What a great mother I am.