Chapter 45: Our baby

Big thank you to lovingbrina who drew the amazing picture on the top. She's an amazing artist ! Make sure to go follow her. 💕

Life is hard. And I'm tired. Exhausted. Sleep deprived. I'm fucking prostrate. School and a baby. The worst combination to ever exist. Now I know why you aren't suppose to get knocked up whilst you're still in school. It's impossible to handle. Oh and completely irresponsible and all that but its impossible.

I now have a ten month old on my hands. A baby who's almost walking. He finally sort of found his balance, he can take a few steps but they're never more than 3. He's getting there and before I know it he'll be walking everywhere like a big little boy. He's also more talkative. He knows how to call Amy and Alan which is super freaking cute. He'd be playing on the floor and Amy would pass by and he'd start calling her 'Mimi' until she'd go to him and say 'hi'. He's also a lot more loud and expressive. However when Josh and I went to the grocery store with him he'd get shy at everyone who'd wave at him and he'd try and hide himself.

His personality is starting to slowly show off more. He sort of has mood swings which I find funny but at times tiring. He can be either really active and touch everything and try everything, basically hard to control whereas sometimes all he wants is to snuggle with someone. Other times, he can be a total mess and just cry. Although I realised that that is because his front teeth are coming out. His teeth have been taking a while to completely grow out, I'm not exactly sure why but all I know is that it isn't a big deal and it's common so I have nothing to worry about.

Exams started. Which is mainly why I'm completely exhausted and I just want to cry all the time but I'm hanging in there. I'm actually confident in my work and I've worked out a few things for my future now I just hope it goes to plan. Josh hasn't started his yet, he only has about 3 of them to take. Lucky.

Anyways this means he's been hanging out with Noah a lot more than I have. Amy and my mother have also taken advantage of hanging out with him and they both love it. They're always so happy to take him off of my hands. The best part is they aren't doing it to help me they just love having him around. I can't blame them he's an adorable little boy. I'm proud to be his mother.

"Maya" I hum in response. I'm too lazy to look at the person who wants my attention. I've only been getting 5 hours of sleep every day. I study until 2 am and Noah wakes up at 7 am on some day 6. Sometime Josh is the one who takes care of him but I like my morning with Pumpkin so I mostly volunteer. It's only in the afternoon that I regret my decision for getting out of bed.

"Sweetheart" I groan when I feel someone gently shake me. "What?" Fluttering my eyes back open I find Josh looking at me worriedly. Suddenly mine fill with the same emotion as I find bags underneath his eyes. He's just as tired as I am. "You're dad asked you a question" Blinking a few time I tear my gaze away from my boyfriend towards my dad who's decided to join us for breakfast along with my mom and Everleigh.

"How are your exams going?" He asks again. "Good" I force a smile "I've been studying a lot so I'm hoping it'll pay off."

"I'm sure it will."

"Are you okay baby girl? You seem out of it" I lift my hand and rub the exhaustion out of my eyes. "I'm just tired mama" I mumble before a small yawn escapes my lips. "What are your plans for today?" She asks curiously.

"I don't know" I shrug "Its Saturday so probably study" I answer with a sigh. It's all I've been doing lately. Josh tried to get me out of the house a few times but I'd turn him down. The only time I agreed was on Mother's day which was a week ago. Josh did the sweetest things with Noah that I ended up crying. The day was filled with me enjoying my time with my son and Josh took me out to dinner. It was a good day. One I'll definitely remember.