Chapter 53: One-derful

Mulai dari awal

"There goes his shirt too" she mumbles.

"You do realise it can be washed right?"

"Yes I know" she rolls her eyes "I just wanted him to stay clean until dinner at least."

"Yeah well he's a baby and they get dirty every few minutes" I shrug.

"My almost one year old baby" she pouts looking down at him. "Here have some of my ice cream" I say holding out my cone for her and hoping it'll make her feel better. She looks up at me and forces a smile, "Thank you baby" I nod leaning down to kiss her temple as she takes a bite of my ice cream.

"Love you" I murmur wrapping an arm around her.

"Love you too" she says happily leaning up for a kiss.

~🍼~

"Look at your little fingers, your little toes" I tickle Noah's tiny toes making him grin. "Such an adorable smile and nose" I poke his nose causing a giggle to tumble out of his perfect lips. "A laugh so precious, you're really Mama's cutest baby" I gush taking his hands into mine and kissing them.

Today was hard and I know that I need to be happy, happy that my son has not only brought me love but happiness into my life for a year. Every day with him has been an adventure and whether it was good or bad I'm beyond grateful for him which is why I'm forcing myself not to be sad.

It's supposed to be all about celebration. Celebrating my baby's life. It's all about him tomorrow. I'm going to have to suck it all up and be the happiest mom I can be for him. Although I can't promise I won't cry when we do the cake. I'm limiting myself to only 2 meltdowns, I'll be disappointed in myself if I cry more than that.

"Isn't he our cute baby Josh?" I turn my head to look at my boyfriend happily laying down besides us. He nods locking his blue eyes against my own. "He sure is" he agrees "And I have you to thank for that" he adds sweetly, lifting a hand to caress my cheek although what happens next surprises me.

Noah grabs Josh's hand, pulling it away from me whilst he shakes his head. "What I can't touch mama?" Josh question playfully as he quirks a brow to his son.

His arm reaches out for me again, this time wrapping around my shoulders but before he has the chance to pull me closer Noah stops him. "No, no" his head shakes again and he crawls between us to remove Josh's hand.

He's said the words a few times before and he does know how to shake his head when he doesn't want something. However this is the first time I've seen him like this.

"Hey she's my girlfriend" Josh argues with a smile on his face, clearly finding this amusing. Noah just frowns and scoots closer to me.

Since Josh clearly wants to keep teasing him he keeps reaching out for me and it gets Noah frustrated and mad. I chuckle and shake my head seeing my son all possessive over me. We've established that he's a mama's boy but he does love Josh a lot too and he never minded Josh and I together. I wonder why he's acting like this.

"No!" He yells finally getting fed up with Josh's game. He crawls on top of me and lies down on my chest holding onto me whilst he glares at his father. "Aw" I coo wrapping my arms around my son and kissing the top of his head as my heart flutters.

"You're such a mama's boy, oh my gosh" Josh laughs.

"Do you blame him?" I ask with a smirk. Josh looks down at us with a loving gaze and slowly shakes his head "Of course not."

"I love you" I whisper softly.

"Who?" Josh asks with a chuckle.

"Obviously Noah" I answer giving my son another kiss.