Chapter 53: One-derful

Start from the beginning

"Did she now?" Evs nods vigorously "I'm gonna get Strawberry" she grins "With sprinkles!" She adds.

I open my arms when Noah gets closer to me, his blue eyes are shining with happiness and seem lighter than usual because of the sun making him even cuter. His lips are parted in a big smile showing off his 4 teeth. He shrieks, waving his hands around and he picks up his pace getting to me slightly faster.

"Lets go to daddy" Maya encourages him as she moves next to him. "Ah!" I gush making him even more excited as he reaches me. I pick him up, letting him stand on my thighs as his little arms wrap around my neck, hugging me.

I kiss his cheek and he pulls away to look at me. With his tiny index finger he starts poking my nose. "That's daddy's nose" I chuckle seeing his concentrated face. "Can you find Pumpkin's nose?" I ask but he doesn't seem to care about what I'm saying.

"Really? You just want to poke Daddy's nose?" I ask looking at him amused.

"We would like an ice cream" Maya says with a cheeky smile "May we get an ice cream?"

"Well when you're that polite how can I say no?"

"You can't" she grins "Its his birthday tomorrow" she reminds me. "Oh my gosh is it tomorrow? I thought it was after tomorrow" she rolls her eyes.

"Ha ha ha" she fakes laughs "That was funny. Now can we get some ice cream?" She question impatiently.

I look back and Shawn and raise a brow, "What do you say? You down for some ice cream?" He purses his lips together and takes a look at everyone before answering. "I don't see why not."

Everleigh squeals and starts jumping up and down in excitement making us laughs including Noah who is also trying to copy her and jump on top of me.

"Come on let's go" I stand up placing Noah on my hip and turn holding out my hand for Maya. She takes it with no hesitation and kisses my cheek as soon as she's up. I shoot her a smile and squeeze her hand but she moves to intertwine them.

We walk along the park until we stumble upon a food truck that sells ice creams. We each order what we want and settle near a bench to eat peacefully.

"Well there goes my ice cream" Maya chuckles looking down at Noah who has her ice cream in hand, sucking on the chocolate deliciousness.

"No" she whines quickly digging out a napkin from the diaper bag

"No" she whines quickly digging out a napkin from the diaper bag. "You're gonna get your shirt all dirty" she sighs wiping his mouth.

 "You're gonna get your shirt all dirty" she sighs wiping his mouth