Chapter 50: Poor boy

Magsimula sa umpisa

I focus my attention back on the clothes, shifting through different outfits and picking out the ones I think would look cute on my son. I also make sure to get a few extra larger clothes just for the future and because I love shopping for baby clothes and they have some adorable clothes I cannot miss out on. Shopping for a baby is addictive.

Out of nowhere I hear something drop before its followed by my son crying. I sigh and turn around finding Josh picking him up from the floor and walking towards me. "He went a bit too fast" he chuckles softly and kisses Noah's temple.

"Mama" Noah cries reaching out for me. "Oh my sweet Pumpkin" I coo taking him from Josh's arms. "Can you go pay for these?" I ask handing Josh the basket filled with clothes. "Of course" he kisses my cheek and heads to the cashier.

"My poor baby" I wipe his tears with my thumb and kiss his cheek. "You didn't get hurt too bad did you? You just fell it's okay" he snuggles against my chest holding me tightly. I rub my hand up and down his back and slowly bounce around as I wait for Josh.

When he's done we walk out of the mall towards the parking lot. "So did you get anything cool?" Josh asks trying to make conversation as the silence begins to bothers him. It is filled with Noah whimpering against my shoulder. He still hasn't stopped crying from his fall.

"Are you still mad at me for giving him a donut?" He asks in disbelief when he sees that I'm not answering "I told you I was sorry already" I roll my eyes. "You should've been more careful with him" I say softly.

"Oh so now you're mad at me because he fell? Are you serious?!"

"He could've hit his head Josh."

"Maya he's a baby. Babies fall all the time-"

"And that's why parents are always there to catch them!" I snip shooting him a glare. "Sorry I'm such a terrible father then" he grumbles walking faster. "I didn't say that" I argue as I pick up my pace, "Well you sure are implying it."

Without another word he opens the trunk, throwing the bags in along with the stroller. I put Noah in his seat but of course he doesn't want me to leave his side. I sigh and decide to just sit besides him for the ride back home. I hand him his binky which he instantly puts in his mouth and holds onto my hand, placing it against his chest. I smile using my other hand to wipe his tears.

Josh climbs in the driver's seat and furrows his brows when he notices me in the back. "You shouldn't be sitting in the back, you know it's something he still needs to get over" I shoot him a glare "Oh I'm sorry, I guess I should listen to you" I huff but don't move. He didn't listen to me so why should I do the same?

"You know what do whatever you want" he mutters starting the car. "Already planning on it" I answer.

The drive home is unbearable. The tension between Josh and I is killing me but as much as I want to fix whatever is going on between us, I can't seem to want to talk to him. When we get home I place Noah down, letting him wonder towards his toys as I head upstairs with the bags to put his new clothes away.

I enter his room and sit on the floor going through each outfit, ripping the price tag off. It takes me a few minutes but I eventually finish. I put away his new shoes in his closet and his washed clothes away before grabbing the hamper and throwing all the new clothes in. They need to be washed first.

I open the door and my mouth drops open, a loud gasp escaping my parted lips as I look at Noah climbing up the stairs. By himself. "Noah!" By the sound of my voice he gets startled and my worst fear flashes before my eyes. He falls. A 11 month old falling down 5 steps.

I drop the hamper and run down the stairs as quick as I can but its already too late. He's screaming. "Fuck, fuck, fuck" I mutter under my breath before I reach him. "What happened?" Josh asks appearing out of nowhere.