Chapter 48: Haircut

Start from the beginning

When Noah falls asleep Josh takes him from my arms and heads to our son's room to put him in his crib. "Thank you" Riley mumbles as she turns her gaze away from the TV and towards me. "I'm always here for you Riley and I'll always be there for you" I remind her as I take her hand in mine.

"You feeling a bit better?" She slowly nods. "Surprisingly Noah made me feel better" she admits making me smile "Yeah?"

"Seeing him steal your ice cream and you willingly give him a few bites reminded me of the times when you wouldn't let anyone touch your food and you'd kill them if they did" I laugh "I let Josh steal my food" I point out but she quirks a brow "Okay I sometimes let him steal my food" I rephrase.

"And you do that because you steal his" I shrug "I've learned to share" I giggle.

"I just love him. He's the sweetest baby ever. He can make anyone smile with that big smile of his and his big blue eyes."

"And he loves you too. I love you more though" she chuckles and pulls me in for a hug. "Thank you Maya, I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have you" I pull away and cup her cheeks.

"Don't think about that. You're always going to have me."

~🍼~

"Good morning my sweet angel" I coo rocking back in forth with a sleepy baby in my arms. It was said to never wake a sleeping baby but when you've got to leave for a 3 hour car ride there's nothing else I can do. I just hope he's going to be in a good mood during the car ride.

I kiss the top of his head multiple of times and run my fingers through his messy bed hair as I slowly make my way downstairs. Riley and Josh are already awake and ready to go as they eat some breakfast. "Do we have everything?" I ask glancing at the bags next to the front door. "Yeah" Josh nods before reaching to get Noah's bottle from the sink where it was cooling off.

"Then let's go" he hands me the bottle and pecks my lips, giving Noah a kiss on the top of his head as well before heading to take the bags. "You good Riles?" She nods "I've got all the snacks" she grins. I chuckle when I notice the big bag filled with different kind of food.

We all head out and as Josh puts the bags in the trunk, I'm putting Noah in his car seat. At first he instantly gets fussy and wants to get out of it but after getting him all snuggled up with his blanket and giving him his warm milk, he is happy baby boy. Riley settles besides him with all the essentials needed to calm a bored 11 month old. Toys and food.

The entire ride isn't bad at all. It actually went by pretty fast if you don't count the three stops we had to make. When we arrive Amy is already home and made us lunch which I was extremely thankful for. I was starving and I didn't feel like eating any of the snacks Riley brought, I wanted actual food.

NoahJ_P

NoahJ_P.Matthews: back in Philly

Noah goes down for a nap shortly after and Riley falls asleep on the couch leaving me and Josh alone to talk. He head outside to the patio and sit on the bench. I throw my legs over Josh's and snuggle against his side as he wraps an arm around me. "So are you going to tell me what happened to Riley?"