Chapter.24

Niall stood up and looked at his boyfriend, he couldn't believe his ears.

"What are you talking about? You are joking, right?" He asked Harry but the latter kept quiet.

Niall rubbed his temples before sitting down again.

"Harry... oh my god. Please answer me." Niall looked at Harry pleadingly.

"I'm sorry Niall, honestly I didn't know what else to do. After hearing her out, I really didn't know what to do." Harry said.

"You should have called me to ask if I was even okay with being a parent yet or ever, that's what you should have done." Niall said in low voice.

He didn't want to fight with Harry, they'd been doing that a lot and he seriously just needed a break from all the fights and stuff.

"Niall let me explain how this whole thing happened." Harry held Niall's hands in his own.

"I asked you to help her out with finances for the baby, not to go and adopt the baby." Niall gritted his teeth.

He loved Harry, he really did but being responsible for a human being was something else.

A human being who would be looking up to Niall and who Niall would have to teach the ropes of life and raise into either a responsible person or fail at the task and be blamed for ruining the child.

Niall was scared no he was terrified.
He loved babies but parenting was a scary thing.

He couldn't believe Harry had done that and he knew that Harry was far from being able to raise a child. He was too dedicated to his job and he traveled a lot.

How would they even be able to take care of a child when Harry would be out and Niall would have school or work?

He didn't even realize that he had zoned out until Harry shook him.

"Let's hear what happened Harry. Just so you know I'm not ready to be a parent." Niall said and Harry nodded.

He didn't mean to be so harsh but things like this involve both of them, Harry didn't have to take it upon himself without consulting Niall.

Niall watched Harry as he told Emily's story. He saw how the emotions flowed through Harry's eyes. He realized that Harry was meant to be a parent and that being a dad suited him. But he was not sure about himself.

When Harry was done, Niall couldn't believe what Emily had been through and was still going through.

He felt sorry for her and he was now conflicted because he thought what Harry did was the most amazing thing but then again, Harry would need Niall to be the other daddy and Niall was far from ready.

He didn't want to agree to anything, atleast not yet.

"I still need time to think through everything and mentally prepare myself. When is she due?" He asked wearily.

"In a couple of months but take all the time you need to think baby. And I should have asked you first. I just didn't wanna ask you over the phone." Harry said.

"We'll see how time will work." Niall answered.

"I've not yet signed anything and if you are not comfortable I could always turn down the offer or I coul-" Harry didn't get to finish his sentence because Niall cut him off.

"No no no no, dont do that please. I love babies and it would be good to have my own especially with you but I just feel uneasy about parenting." Niall stressed.

"Don't worry about that, I can take him to my parents' house and have my mum raise him for us then we can always vist him." Harry suggested.

"But we'll miss out on all the important things of his life but then it's a good idea because we are not living together and it won't be good to have him staying in two different places, like here and your house and... can we talk about this later?" Niall asked.