Prologue

The two bestfriends flopped down on one of the two beds in the dorm room. They had just finished with the clearances and settling down in what would be their home for the next four years.

"I wish we were room mates Lou. I don't even know if my room mate will be nice or a drug addict. What if he's in a gang or maybe even a-" Niall's rant was stopped when Louis spoke up.

"Niall relax it will be just fine. I'm sure your roommate will be a good lad, besides I'm just five doors down the hall if you need me." Louis comforted his friend.

"I know but still.... Maybe he'll be like your roommate. Good lad." Niall said.

"I feel bad that we have to be in separate rooms Ni, I wish we could just buy a flat and move in together." Louis said jokingly.

Niall had a thoughtful look on his face.

"Maybe that can be arranged." He said.

"How? Sell our cars? Because that's not happening." Louis shook his head.

"Not that. We could look for part time jobs and save up then in two years we will have our own flat." Niall grinned.

"Great thinking Einstein but how will we manage being in class and working at the same time?" Louis asked his friend.

"That's why I said 'part time' you dummy." Niall said, flicking his friend's forehead.

"Ow!" Louis yelled and tried to hit his friend but Niall rolled over and unfortunately landed on the floor with a thud.

Louis smiled and leaned over the bed to look at Niall.

"Karma is a bitch, baby." He said to a pouting Niall.

Niall stopped pouting and smirked then he pulled Louis' hand making him land on the floor too.

"You idiot! Did you have to pull me down too?" Louis asked and Niall shrugged.

After some time Niall spoke up.

"Can we go out to eat Louis. I'm starving."

"Of course you are starving.When are you not?" Louis playfully rolled his eyes at his friend.

"When I'm asleep, duh." Niall answered with his own eye roll.

"Well then let's go feed your bottomless stomach, princess." Louis said and ran out of the room before Niall could hit him for the pet name.

Niall gathered his car keys, room keys and wallet then walked out of the room and found Louis in the hall.

He locked the room and off they went.

*

"See you tomorrow Lou." Niall said.

"Good night, Ni. See you tomorrow. Call me if anything okay?"

"I will. Good night too." Niall said and walked to his room.

The two friends had a delicious Italian meal and by the time they went back it was already eight, they decided to call it a night because the next day was gonna be a busy first day of their Uni lives.

Niall opened the door and was met by who he assumed to be his roommate, unpacking his bags and setting up his side of the room.

The boy turned around when he heard the door open.

"Hello, you must be my roommate. I'm Zayn Malik." The boy said and offered Niall a handshake.

"Pleased to meet you, Zayn. I'm Niall Horan and yes and I'm your roommate." Niall replied shaking Zayn's hand.