Prologue

Standing at the crime scene Katrina started tapping her foot; once again her co-worker and best friend was late to a crime scene. It tended to be a habit of one Barry Allen, even in college he was late to class, and any study groups they had. Right now the Captain was asking her and Joe where he was, and personally Katrina was getting tired of always coming up with excuses for him.

"You both can't keep covering for him" Singh was saying to her and Joe, who just share a look.

Come on Barry, where the hell are you? she thinks to herself, not wanting to have to start another scene without him.

"If he's not here now, I'm going to have to carry on this investigation without him" the captain tells them. Just then Barry makes his way onto the scene, "Sorry, I'm late Captain Singh" he says and tries to give Katrina an apologetic look. She just sighs, as the Captain chastised him again for being late and all the excuses they had been giving for Barry, weren't going to keep working.

 She just sighs, as the Captain chastised him again for being late and all the excuses they had been giving for Barry, weren't going to keep working

"He was running an errand for me" Joe jumps in saying, "Barry did you get me what I asked for?" he asks hoping that would help Barry.
"Yeah, yeah I did. I have it right..here" Barry says and they watch as he pulls out a half eaten chocolate bar, "I had a few bites" he hands the bar to Joe.

Katrina just sighs before nodding at Barry to follow her over to the crime scene, he follows her. "You can't keep doing this Barry. One of these days Singh is just gonna fire you" she warns him.

"I know Kat, I really need to set my alarm earlier then it is" he says to her.
"Or just start sleeping at the precinct" she jokes with him. They get to the scene and both start looking over everything. Seeing the tire track, Katrina bends down low enough to check them over.
"Getaway car's a Shelby Mustang GT500" Katrina says to Joe, who's taking notes.

"Shelby's have a rear super-wide tire specific to that model. 12 inches with asymmetrical threads" Barry adds as Joe just keeps writing. Barry then notices something, "there's something else" he says as he grabs Fred's pen, "Thanks" Barry says as he picks up what he spotted and smells it. "Fecal excrement. Animal I'd guess" he says as he bags it.

"My dad gave me that pen...before he died" Fred tells Barry.
"Sorry" Barry tries to apologize as he gives the pen back.
"We'll take the evidence back Joe, let you know what we find" Katrina tells him.
"Alright, and Barry try not to be late again" Joe tells him.

"I won't Joe I promise" he says to him.
"Yeah, sure" Joe says before walking away to finish the crime scene.
"Come on Barry, let's go. I'll give you a ride so at least you'll get somewhere on time" Katrina says as she clears up her equipment. Closing her kit they head to her car, placing their stuff in the trunk, they both get into the car and head back to CCPD.

"You really need to find a quicker way of getting to scene's Barry" she says.
"Yeah, I don't know why I can never be on time for anything" he says.
"The day you actually show up on time to anything will be a miracle" she says to him.