McKenna stared at me, colour draining from her face as she absorbed my words, "Charlie's gone, isn't she?"

"She's gone," I confirmed, my heart tightening and breath catching at the words. 

McKenna shot up, her face contorted in pain, and paced the stretch of the living room, "Haven't they sent someone after her? Wasn't there security footage to see who helped her and we can track them down? Weren't the doors locked? Someone must have seen something! How could she do this?! I thought you said things were getting better! You said she wasn't going to pull this shit again!" She ranted until she ran out of breath. 

"The fire knocked out the security footage and made the doors unlock automatically. No one seems to have seen anything and they have sent people to look for her," I tried to answer the numerous questions, "I thought she was better...Charlie told me she was going to try," Flashes of the last time I saw Charlotte hit me hard, every detail branded into my mind. Her eyes had been more green then gold that day, the amber speckles only visible when you looked close enough. Her skin felt like silk against mine, the heat radiating from her like an electrical current shooting through my body. And her smile, one that I could spend all day looking at. Charlie was and always would be my favourite thing to look at even though I would never be able to again. Now all I had left was a photo or two and my memories. 

"But..she-...This is-..I can't-," Each of McKenna's attempts at speaking was cut off by choked sobs. She hugged herself and turned her back to me. I got up and spun her back to me then pulled her in for a hug. Both of us needed the comfort. 

"Harry, how could she do this?" McKenna cried into my shirt. I could feel my own eyes stinging  but I pushed the tears back.

"I wish I knew."

**

"Call me if they find her?" McKenna asked for the third time while I tugged my shoes on. After McKenna was done crying, she dragged my ass to bed to sleep off the hang over that was still hitting at full force. The rest had helped my head but I still felt drained.

"You'll be the first to know," I responded as I previously had.  

"Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"Come back if you need anything," She sent me a half smile. 

"Thanks McKenna," I nodded and went out into the hall. 

"See you later."

"Bye," I said and left the building with my stomach in knots. The drive home seemed too quick and I wasn't keen on facing my Mum at this time. I really need my own flat again. I was already in deep shit for not coming home last night, evident in the many missed calls and unread messages on my phone. 

I unwillingly got out of the car and entered the house. I knew there was no use in trying to sneak in; there was no getting past Mum especially when she was on the war path like this. Every since my return, she'd lose her mind if I went an hour without contacting her. I can understand her reasons, she almost lost me, but I was suffocating. 

"Harry, where the hell have you been?" She snapped, standing from the couch. 

"Out," I shrugged, not wanting to explain again what had happened. Once was enough today. 

"Out?," Mum breathed, shaking her head, "You had me worried sick!"

"Sorry," I approached the stairs but she grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back to face her. 

The hurt in her eyes were too much for me to ignore, "What's going on?"

I swallowed hard and shook my head, tears threatening to over spill again. I'd refused to cry since Charlie's departure because, in my heart, I still didn't believe she's really done it. I couldn't wrap my head around that I wasn't even worth a final phone call to her.