Forty

Jin burst into the castle, screaming for some of the medics. Three women ran to him as he sat down Jimin, laying the queen on the floor in the middle of the throne room. 

The women began attending to him, trying to heal him, but something seemed to be wrong. They couldn’t heal him properly, and the wound wasn’t closing...in fact it was getting worse as the women tried to keep healing him. 

“Stop.” Jin whispered. “Stop!” He yelled. The women backed off, giving the head healer a look. “Bandages. Alcohol, hot water. Now!” The woman all rna off to get him what he needed. 

Just then, Namjoon burst into the room, pushing forward until he came to kneel in front of his husband once more. He’d spent the whole journey worrying over him, and not a second not thinking of him. 

Namjoon held his husbands hand. “What’s wrong with him?” Namjoon demanded. 

“He’s not healing.” Jin whispered, grabbing the water and cloth a healer handed to him. “None of their abilities will work, and the wound only grew worse when they tried. I don’t know what’s happening.”

“Jin..?” The head healer’s head snapped back, and his eyes widened. He got to his feet, handing the cloth off to a woman who immediately took his station and ran to his own lover. 

“Taehyung…” he whispered out, drawing the man into a fierce hug. “Oh god, I thought you’d never wake up.”

“What happened?” Taehyung asked, his eyebrows furrowing. “How long have I been unconscious for?”

“A...a few weeks.” Jin admitted, biting his lower lip and looking down. He sighed, shaking his head. “A...a lot has happened.”

“Why is Jimin on the floor?” Taehyung looked around Jin and to the queen, who was lying on the ground. “Is he injured!?” The man’s eyes widened and he moved forward to rush to him, but a hand stopped him. 

“Taehyung...he was taken. You were with him and you were beaten and...unconscious while he was gone.” Suddenly, the others all rushed into the room, looking worn out and tired. Taehyung’s eyes scanned all of them and his eyebrows furrowed. 

“Where’s Jungkook?”

The room went silent. 

Taehyung tilted his head. “What?” He asked, turning to Jin again. 

“Jungkook...has been detained.” Hoseok said, his voice dripping with guilt. 

“What!? Why!?”

“He’s being investigated for being a traitor. And so far, the evidence against him isn’t helping his case.” Namjoon muttered, briefly turning from Jimin.

“That’s ridiculous.” Taehyung scoffed. “Jungkook? Really? Do none of you know the boy? He would never betray you.”

“Says the letter we found in his room. And the many times the men would reference the true heir and how he would take my place some day, how was I to react?”

“BY WAKING UP!?” Taehyung suddenly exploded. “Where is he?” The man demanded. 

“T-Taehyung…”

“No. Jin hyung, I love you, but I can’t believe you let this happen! Jungkook is probably scared and alone right now, and the ones who were supposed to be there for him, comfort him the most are one of the ones who locked him up!” The man exclaimed, giving the men a pointed glare. Yoongi and Hoseok both averted their gazes. 

“Then What do you propose?”

“You release him and wake up.” Taehyung sneered out. “Think about it, you idiots. Jungkook could have had every opportunity to take over again, yet he hasn’t. And I know for a fact that he’s trusted those two—“ Taehyung pointed to Yoongi and Hoseok. “—with a lot more than he ever would to even Jimin. And you lock him away!? What kind of person is Jungkook, huh? He’s a young prince, who’s been suppressed his whole life, forced into the spotlight and forced to be someone he isn’t. A reminder of that will make him shut down, he doesn’t want to talk about it, and I know that you want to say it’s his fault for not saying anything to you, but it’s really not. He was scared, scared of what you would think of him. You know why? Because he loves you! He trusts you, and he can’t stand the thought of any of you rejecting him, and he was scared you’d do just that if he told you, so he didn’t.”