Nineteen

Third Person POV

Jimin hesitantly stepped into the room, biting his lower lip nervously.

Namjoon walked in behind him.

“Don’t be nervous, Minnie, I’m not going to do anything to you.”

“I-I know...it’s just…” he paused. “I-I’ve never...s-slept with anyone besides J-Jungkook before.”

“Minnie.”

“Y-Yes?”

“Jut relax.” Namjoon placed a comforting hand on Jimin’s shoulder. “I don’t expect anything of you, okay? I just wish for you to sleep beside me, as we are married now. But if you really aren’t comfortable, then you can always return to your room, alright?”

“O-Okay…” Jimin turned to sweep his eyes around the room. He sighed, closing his eyes and gathering his courage.

“I’m...g-gonna go take a b-bath.”

“Alright.” Jimin walked to the dresser and grabbed some sleep wear before disappearing into the conjoining room, where the baths were held.

He stripped slowly and stepped in, instantly relaxing against the hot water encasing his body protectively.

He closed his eyes for a bit, running his hands through his hair, untangling the knots in it. He washed himself, and spent some extra time just relaxing before stepping out and drying himself off, pulling on his thin sleeping robe.

He shyly walked back into the room, finding Namjoon already in the bed, laying down, only in a pair of trousers.

The prince—

The queen blushed at the sight of the man, half bare in front of him.

“Come on, dove.” The male rasped out, his voice laced with tiredness. “We’ve both had a long day, and tomorrow won’t provide a break. Let’s get some sleep.”

Jimin nodded and slowly crawled in, sitting laying closer to the edge of the bed than was really comfortable. He also turned away from Namjoon, but the other didn’t comment.

Jimin thought it’d be difficult, falling asleep, knowing that the man was right there, but surprisingly he blacked out almost as soon as his head hit the pillow.

-

Jungkook sighed and started to undress from the robes, sighing in relief once the heavy fabric was gone.

He reached for his sleeping robe, shivering slightly as a cool breeze hit his bare skin.

His eyes glowed softly in the dark room for a second as he let go of his form that he held throughout the day.

A less broken form than what he actually was.

Jungkook held the form of a nice and strong prince on the daily, as it was expected. He had muscles, was tall, strong and handsome.

But underneath…

Jungkook had learned a long time ago that the weak were prey, and he couldn’t afford to be prey in the castle.

So he built a shell for himself.

A shell that he eventually came to believe was a more perfect version of himself.

He’d grown to hate the real image of himself, but at the end of the day he always had to stare at it in the mirror.

A reminder of how much of a failure he actually was to his father.

Even dead, the man had such a hold on his sons.

“Jungkook..?”

“Don’t come in!” Jungkook suddenly shouted, whipping around.

But it was too late. Hoseok had entered the room, and he froze when he saw the prince. “B-bunny..?”

Jungkook felt tears rush to his eyes and he shook his head, his eyes glowing as he instantly put his shell back on. He quickly wrapped his robe around himself, then wrapping his arms around himself, too,

Just for extra protection.

“What do you want, Hoseok?” He asked quietly.

“Jungkook, What the hell was that?”

“It was nothing important, why are you here?”

“It was obviously important, if you’re almost crying. This isn’t your real body, is it? That was.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I was just trying something out.”

“You’re lying.” Hoseok stepped up to the boy, and even in the shell, Hoseok still towered over him. “Why do you seem so ashamed? You’re beautiful, Bunny.”

“I appreciate it, but you don’t have to lie to me, to make me feel better, I know that I’m just a weak little kid.” Jungkook said, turning from the man and heading towards a different room, to try and escape the situation.

But Hoseok grabbed onto his wrist to stop him from getting away.

“You’re beautiful. And you’re definitely not weak. So what if you’re a bit shorter and don’t have as many muscles? You’re still a beautiful bunny.”

Jungkook blushed, allowing himself to be pulled into the man’s embrace.

“You don’t have to hide anymore, none of us expect anything of you, bunny. Don’t feel forced to keep an image for someone who is dead."

“H-Hyung—“

“You don’t have to right now, bunny. I’m just saying that you don’t need to hide from us, because we don’t care. I personally prefer your real form...but I won’t pressure you into anything, okay?”

Jungkook nodded, feeling grateful and feel further in the man’s embrace.

“Let’s get you to bed, hmm?” Jungkook nodded and allowed himself to be picked up and walked to the bed, and eventually placed in it.

Hoseok tucked the young prince in and then turned to go, but a hand on his robes stopped him.

“C...can you stay...tonight?” Jungkook asked shyly. Hoseok smiled gently and nodded.

“Of course, bunny.”