Bond - Jilix

Request by: mrstealyourpapa and TheFemaleXuMinghao

Jisung was disappointed when he presented as an alpha. He always thought he'd be a beta or an omega due to his bright personality. He didn't think he had the qualities to be an alpha, to be a leader.

Jisung was utterly devastated when his close friend and crush Felix also presented as an alpha a day later. It honestly felt like the end of the world. That meant that Jisung and Felix had mates somewhere out there and couldn't be together. They'd been friends for years and their feelings were mutual. Both of them had decided to wait until they presented and then start a relationship. They never thought it would turn out like this. Now, things were different. Alphas couldn't date other alphas. It was unheard of, it was shameful, it was impossible.

Jisung still liked Felix, but he felt as if he was torn in two. His wolf couldn't accept the fact that Jisung liked another alpha. He wouldn't submit, not now, not ever. He kept reminding Jisung that he had a mate somewhere out there, a beautiful omega or a bright beta, but Jisung didn't want to listen. He didn't want a mate. He didn't want an omega nor a beta. He wanted Felix and he cursed the moon for making them both present as alphas.

The air around them was awkward. They couldn't interact the same way as before. They shared longing stares instead. Both males had lost their cheerfulness and had become more silent and closed off. They didn't hang out as often anymore.

Chan, being the responsible alpha he is, noticed that there was something wrong with Jisung. He knew about his younger friends crushing on each other and it pained him to see them avoid each other like that. When he found the right moment, when it was just him and Jisung, Chan decided that it was time to step in. He couldn't bear to watch his friends like this. He wanted them to be happy.

"Sung. Do you and Felix not talk to each other? Did you guys have a fight?" Chan began to question carefully. He didn't want to be too straightforward, but he wasn't going to beat around the bush either. His gaze was piercing Jisung with its intensity and he obviously wouldn't leave the younger without getting a reply out of him first.

Jisung suddenly felt that his lips were dry, or maybe it was just his imagination. Maybe he was actually looking for a reason to stall, because he didn't really feel like talking about this. It would only make him even more miserable and he would be reminded once again that he and Felix couldn't work out. Damn the fucking moon. But he knew that Chan had good intentions and truly wanted to help, even though there was nothing he could do. Despite his strong desire to avoid the topic, Jisung answered. "No, we didn't." He paused. "It's just that I'm an alpha and he's an alpha too..." Jisung's voice cracked at the end. God, he was so pathetic. He wondered how Chan had even stayed, how he tolerated a weak alpha like him, ready to cry in front of another alpha because of his crush that also happened to be an alpha. Pathetic indeed.

But Chan didn't leave, he simply kept a serious face, waiting for Jisung to continue. And Jisung was grateful. "Please, don't hate me for this. I... I actually... Felix... Um..." The younger stuttered. It was a lot harder coming out to your friend than fighting that battle with yourself, coming to terms with who you are and who you like. It seemed like the words were stuck in his throat and he was afraid that Chan would judge him. He was afraid that Chan would hate him, that he would call him names and that he would make him feel even worse. But Chan wasn't like that. He'd never hate Jisung. That's why the older alpha placed his hand on the younger's shoulder as a means to comfort him and show him that he was there, that he was with him and he would listen to whatever Jisung told him without judging him.