Confession - JeongChan

Jeongin is your average high school student. His grades weren't low, but they weren't high either. The reason for his average performance was that he was in love with the school's heartthrob - Bang Chan and that interfered with his studies.

The guy was famous for having the highest grades, for his good looks and for being the kindest person ever.

Jeongin fell for Chan during his first days of high school. At first, he liked the older for his good looks, but then started liking him even more when Chan had helped Jeongin when an older guy had pushed him to the ground in a hurry, which had caused all of his notebooks and papers to scatter. Chan had checked if the boy was injured, he helped him gather his books and even offered to escort him to the infirmary.

Ever since that day, Jeongin has had a huge crush on Chan. But there was one problem. Chan was popular, so Jeongin thought he stood no chance, especially when Chan seemed pretty close with Woojin - the basketball team's captain, who was also handsome as hell and just as kind as Chan. Jeongin thought they were perfect for each other. Hell, there were even rumors that Chan and Woojin were dating. Jeongin believed them, because Chan's smile was always the brightest when he spoke to Woojin and he often blushed in his presence.

Today was no different. Jeongin saw Chan and Woojin at the other end of the hall, chatting happily and being touchy as usual. A sigh escaped his lips for the 10th time in the past 2 minutes.

"Hey, you're looking at them again?" A voice interrupted Jeongin's sad thoughts about having no chance with Chan.

"Yeah... Hi, Seungmin..." Jeongin replied monotonously.

"You should talk to him. Ask him out. Valentines day is near, it's the perfect opportunity." Seungmin tried to cheer up his friend.

"I can't... He and Woojin... They're perfect for each other. What if they're dating? I'll be rejected anyway..." Jeongin ranted.

"It's just a suggestion. You have nothing to lose anyway." Seungmin offered a smile.

"I don't know, Seungmin. I'm n-"

"Hey! Sorry, I'll be stealing Seungmin for now. See you later, Jeonginnie!" Hyunjin, Seungmin's boyfriend, interrupted Jeongin and just pulled Seungmin somewhere. Seungmin could only offer an apologetic smile as he waved at Jeongin.

As soon as Jeongin was left alone, he sighed again. He quickly took his books from his locker and headed to class with a heavy heart.

Time flew by fast and it was already Valentines day. The school was filled with smiles and flowers and love letters could be seen everywhere. It seemed like Jeongin was the only unhappy one. He was thirdwheeling, as he was currently with Seungmin and Hyunjin who were all lovey dovey and seemed to be oblivious to Jeongin's feelings.

"Did you think over my suggestion?" Seungmin suddenly broke the silence between the three of them.

Jeongin only nodded in response, not sparing his friend a glance.

"And?" Seungmin asked hopefully.

"I'm not doing it." Jeongin stated.

"But Jeonginnie, you've been torturing yourself over Chan for so long. Think about it." Hyunjin cut in, trying to convince their friend to do something about his miserable situation.

"No." Jeongin cut him off.

Seungmin and Hyunjin exchanged worried glances, before Hyunjin winked mischievously at his boyfriend.

"Isn't that Chan over there?" Hyunjin exclaimed happily. Jeongin turned in said direction immediately.

"Go talk to him. He's alone right now." Seungmin suggested.

"N-no. What would I even say?" Jeongin refused as his cheeks heated up.

"Better think of something quickly." Hyunjin smirked, before he shouted loudly.

"Chan! Chan hyung! My friend here wants to talk to you!"

"Are you insane?!" Jeongin whisper shouted at Hyunjin, both angry and panicked, because Chan was walking their way now.

"You'll thank me later. Good luck!" Hyunjin smiled as he dragged a confused Seungmin away again.

They disappeared just in time, because Chan was already standing in front of Jeongin.

"Hey, what did you want to talk to me about?" Chan asked as he smiled at the boy in front of him.

"H-hey. I-I uh, my name is Jeongin and I-I've l-liked you for a-a while now... I-I was wondering i-if you'd like to be m-my valentine..." Jeongin mentally cursed at himself for stuttering.

"Okay!" Chan smiled at Jeongin and slightly ruffled his hair.

"Really? Aren't you and Woojin dating though?" Jeongin asked, unsure if he heard Chan right.

"Me and Woojin? No, we're just friends. Besides, he has a girlfriend." Chan chuckled.

"Why'd you agree then? I'm sure a lot of people asked you out..." Jeongin pressed, still unsure of himself.

"Because you're cute and because I couldn't get you out of my head ever since that time I helped you." Chan smiled sheepishly and looked away nervously.

Jeongin couldn't believe it, Chan was acting shy around him. He didn't know where he got the courage, but he reached to take Chan's hand in his.

They walked to the cafeteria holding hands and talking to each other, feeling more comfortable in each other's company.

"See, Jeongin will thank me later." Hyunjin told his boyfriend who was mad at him for setting up Jeongin like that earlier. They watched Chan place a kiss on Jeongin's cheek.

"Okay, I forgive you. But promise me that you won't play cupid ever again." Seungmin was still frowning at Hyunjin.

"Sure, I promise." Hyunjin smirked and then kissed his boyfriend on the lips.

Hey guys! Sorry that I took so long to update. Thank you for all the support! This one was hard to write because I don't really ship JeongChan, but a lot of you guys do. Tell me which ships you'd like to see next!