Dancing Is The Air I Breathe - Seungjin

Hyunjin loved to dance. Ever since he was a kid, it made him feel happy and free. However, happiness doesn't last forever..

It all began when the teenage boy was preparing for a concert. He had a very complex and hard choreography to learn. Because of this, whenever he wasn't at school, he spent his time in the dance studio, going on for nights without sleep, practicing without stopping. It wasn't a burden for him. Sure, he wanted to perform well, but dancing was something he loved doing.

On a night like this, Hyunjin was in the dance studio practicing alone. It was nearly 2 am, yet the boy didn't seem tired. His eyes were burning with passion as he was doing the moves, looking at himself in the mirror.

The door to the studio opened slightly and soon a figure showed up. The new boy kept quiet, not wanting to disturb Hyunjin in the middle of his dancing. He watched Hyunjin dance with awe, because his moves were precise and he looked very handsome while he was practicing.

The music ended and then Hyunjin became aware of the new figure in the studio.

"Seungmin. What are you doing here? It's... Almost 2 am." Hyunjin went to his friend, panting and dripping with sweat. Seungmin handed him a bottle of water, looking at him rather fondly. He had to admit, Hyunjin being all sweaty and drinking water was sexy as hell. Seungmin watched as stray droplets of water ran down Hyunjin's jaw and he gulped, before looking away.

"I could ask you the same thing. You need rest too..." Seungmin stated, worry evident in his voice.

"Yeah, I'll rest after the concert." Hyunjin replied, placing the bottle on the floor. He turned his back towards his friend and went to play the music again.

"Tell me how it looks." Hyunjin asked as he moved into position.

The music started and with it Hyunjin began to move. Seungmin's eyes never left him, watching his every move. Hyunjin looked ethereal. Seungmin wasn't sure if it was because he danced so well or because he had feelings for him. Maybe both. It was obvious that the dancer was enjoying himself and it made his dancing even more beautiful. His expression made his friend smile. 

Seungmin didn't even notice when the music stopped. It ended too fast and maybe despite his worry, he didn't want this moment to end. Hyunjin was looking at him expectantly and Seungmin knew it was his cue to talk.

"It was amazing, really. You're so good." He complimented the dancer. Hyunjin gave a small smile as he went to play the music again.

"You shouldn't overwork yourself. You need rest." Seungmin noted. However, Hyunjin didn't listen. He never listened.

Then it happened. Hyunjin's body was tired, even though he didn't feel it because of the adrenaline in his blood. It suddenly stopped listening to him, resulting in him tripping and falling. During the fall, a loud snap was heard and a painful groan followed it. Seungmin rushed forward to check on his friend, his eyes blown wide with worry.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere?" Seungmin asked, checking Hyunjin's body for injuries.

"My knee hurts..." Hyunjin replied, grimacing. He tried to stand up, but he couldn't. The pain was too strong and it made him cry out.

"We need to get you to a doctor. Here, I'll help you." The worried boy helped the injured dancer up, wrapping an arm around his waist to help him walk. As soon as he placed Hyunjin to sit on a chair, he immediately called Chan. The older boy would pick them up with his car and drive them to the hospital. While Seungmin and Hyunjin waited for him, Seungmin tried to calm his friend down.

"What if I can't dance anymore?" Hyunjin cried out, clinging onto his worried friend. Seungmin hugged him, stroking his back and calming him with gentle and positive words.

When Chan arrived, he helped to get Hyunjin in the car and drove to the hospital. The two boys explained to him what happened on the way.

When they got to the hospital, Seungmin entered the doctor's cabinet with Hyunjin. The doctor checked the dancer's leg and Hyunjin winced in pain. He was afraid because the injury could be serious. He was afraid of the doctor telling him he had to quit dancing. That's why he snuggled into Seungmin's body, clenching his eyes tight when the doctor began to talk.

"I'm afraid that you have to stop dancing until you heal. You need to come after a week for another check up. But you need to know, a trauma like this will take a long time to heal." The doctor finished.

Hyunjin began sobbing, clinging tightly onto Seungmin. The latter hated seeing his friend in pain, it pained him too.

That night he stayed over at Hyunjin's place, sleeping together with him. He had his arms wrapped around the dancer protectively. Hyunjin cried on the whole way to his home and at some point, he had fallen asleep.

When Seungmin thought Hyunjin was sleeping, he gently stroked his hair, admiring his handsome features.

"I really hate seeing you hurt and crying. You have no idea how precious you are to me..." Seungmin started.

"I love you, Hyunjin. I love you as more than just a friend. I know you don't feel the same way, but I'll be by your side through everything and I'll protect you." Seungmin whispered, looking fondly at his sleeping friend. He began to close his eyes as tiredness washed over him. Just before he drifted into sleep, he heard Hyunjin whisper back:

"I love you too, Seungmin. Thank you for being by my side."