Bad Decision - Changlix

Felix thought he made the worst decision in his life. He regretted it badly, but there was no turning back now.

The Australian boy stood in the center of the room with his head hung low. Opposite of him sat Changbin, Chan and his friend Jisung. They didn't look happy. Felix was afraid of what they'd say next, so he nervously fiddled with his fingers, finding them to be the most interesting thing to look at.

"Felix, I'm... Very disappointed of you." Changbin was the first to break the silence. His voice was calm, but it sounded stern and dark and it made Felix feel scared.

"I can't believe you could do such a thing." The short boy continued.

Felix wanted the ground to open and just swallow him so he wouldn't have to stand in front of the three disappointed boys.

It all started when 3RACHA announced that they needed someone for their new song. They were going to hold an audition in order to choose the most suitable person. Since Felix and Jisung were friends, the Australian boy was among the first to find out about it. He had always been a fan of 3RACHA and listened to their songs all the time. His favorite member of the group was SpearB and it definitely had nothing to do with his sexy raspy voice.

Felix spend all his time trying to come up with good lyrics for the audition, but it just never seemed to be good enough. His Korean wasn't that good and he was frustrated. He had only one day left before the audition and he wasn't ready.

The Australian boy's room was covered in crumpled pieces of paper, all of them containing lyrics that he didn't like. Felix sat at his desk, pulling at his hair in frustration and panic. The lyrics had to be perfect. He really wanted to impress his favorite rapper. But at this point he was going to fail. Unless...

Felix knew it was a bad idea. He knew that it was a bad idea to sneak into his friend's room and steal his lyrics notebook. But he did it anyway. The blonde boy turned on the page with the lyrics that Jisung had shown him. He spent the remaining time remembering the lyrics and practicing it.

At the day of the audition, Felix couldn't help it but feel guilty. He seriously thought about backing off, but his desire to impress SpearB and the chance to make a song together made him push away his guilt.

As the Australian boy entered the small audition room, he suddenly felt very nervous in the presence of his favorite artists. He introduced himself and when he felt confident enough, he began to rap. 3RACHA's faces were unreadable. When Felix finished, he smiled expectantly. He looked at Changbin, but he seemed emotionless. Jisung looked sad and betrayed. And Chan was frowning. Felix got scared and thought he didn't do well. Changbin was the one to speak first.

"It's good. Your pronunciation is slightly off, your flow was good and the lyrics was perfect." Felix beamed at the praise and swore he would study harder to fix his pronunciation.

"But... You're disqualified." Changbin said, staring right into Felix's soul. The boy was shocked.

"W-why..." The Australian boy began, when Changbin cut him off.

"Why? You think I can't recognize Jisung's work? That lyrics is Jisung's."

Felix's eyes were wide, but he quickly cast them down in guilt. He regretted his decision. He did not only fail, but he hurt Jisung too. Felix didn't mean any harm. He wasn't a bad person. But he was greedy and had become blinded by his desire to win.

"I'm sorry... Jisungie, please forgive me." The Australian boy apologized. But Jisung didn't even look at him. He was too busy trying not to cry because of his friend's betrayal.

"Why did you do it?" Chan asked, wrapping an arm around Jisung in order to comfort him a little.

"I-I just..." Felix sighed before continuing.

"You're my favorite group, so I wanted to impress you. But my greed blinded me and I ended up hurting my best friend... Im sorry..." Felix looked up at Jisung apologetically.

"I forgive you, Lix. Because we're friends." Jisung offered a small smile and Felix smiled back.

"I'm gonna go now..." Felix sadly said and bowed before he left for the door.

"Wait." Changbin called. He seemed to be pondering on something for a second before he looked at Chan and Jisung and they nodded to each other in agreement.

"You get a second chance at this audition, because you admitted your mistake. But this time do it with your own lyrics." Chan clarified.

Felix was surprised, he didn't expect to be forgiven. But he decided to take the chance and try again. The Australian boy returned to his previous spot.

"Start when you're ready." Changbin said.

Felix spent a little while remembering the lyrics he wrote. He was really nervous, but he began to rap once again. When he finished, he looked at 3RACHA expectantly. The members offered him smiles.

"That was good. I don't know why you decided that this wasn't good enough. I really like your voice, it's unique. We need to have a discussion first before making a final decision." Chan informed.

Felix thanked them and bowed before leaving the audition room.

The next day, he and the rest of the people who auditioned were gathered in the same room. The winner would soon be announced. Everyone was nervous and waiting expectantly. Felix was discouraged, because of his bad decision and because the majority of the guys who auditioned were vocals. He thought it was more logical for his favorite group to pick a vocal for their new song.

The chatter died down when Chan entered first, followed by Changbin and Jisung. Felix could've sworn that Changbin looked at him. However, his thoughts were interrupted by Chan.

"After our discussion, we decided we don't need a vocal for our new song." Several sighs were heard from the vocals. Felix gulped nervously. That meant that either him or some guy Hyunjin or whatever his name is, was going to win. As he lifted his gaze to look at his favorite rapper - SpearB, Felix noticed that the guy was staring at him and it made him nervous.

"The winner is... Felix." Jisung announced. 

The Australian boy couldn't believe it. A smile rose on his face as he stayed behind until everyone left the room, leaving him alone with the judges. Felix hugged Jisung, thanking him and apologizing over and over.

They would start working on the song immediately. Chan retreated to work on the music, leaving Felix with Changbin and Jisung. Since Jisung knew about Felix's obsession over Changbin, he made an excuse, something about Chan needing him. Before he left, he shot a knowing grin at Felix.

"So... Uh... It's just you and me.." Felix started nervously, trying to break the awkwardness between them.

"Yeah..." Changbin replied, evidently just as nervous as the taller boy.

The awkwardness didn't last long, as they quickly got to work. Surprisingly, they got along well and therefore worked faster.

They spent the rest of the day working on the new song. It was already dark outside, so Chan and Jisung thought they'd check up on the other two. However, neither of them expected to see what they did.

As Jisung opened the door to the room where Felix and Changbin were, he could see Changbin leaning towards Felix, kissing him gently on the lips and the Australian boy didn't seem to mind it. Chan and Jisung shared a knowing look before they quietly exited the room, giving the two lovebirds some privacy.