Amour Et Meurtre - Changlix

Trigger warning: some gore, blood

It was a dark cloudy night. There was no light except for the flickering light bulb of the street lamp. No one was out this late at night. There was no wind, the air was unusually still. All this created an eerie setting, but the young woman, probably in her late twenties, didn't seem to notice the shadows lurking around her. The woman wore a smile and it was obvious that she was in a good mood. Maybe she got a new job or she couldn't wait to go home to her husband. Yet, her happiness wouldn't last long.

She failed to notice the shadow lurking behind her. Before she realized what was happening, the shadow gripped her hair harshly, tugging her head back to expose her neck and before she had the chance to scream, the shadow slit her throat open with a knife. It was an instant death. The killer dropped the body to the ground as if it was merely a rag doll and not a human being as he watched the blood trickle down to the asphalt, creating a puddle of blood. The criminal's face twisted into one of pleasure as he let out a quiet moan. It felt good, taking someone's life away. It made him feel powerful. Killing made him feel alive. He smirked at the sight of his victim and before he left, he tucked something into the corpse's pocket.

-

Seo Changbin was a student at the Academy. He majored in Psychology and aspired to become a criminal profiler. Ever since he was a kid, he read criminal novels which made him interested in the criminals. He wanted to know how they think and what makes them kill. Of course, his father had been his role model, kind of, since the man was the head of the police department and Changbin wanted to help people just like his father did. Changbin had worked as a police officer for a while before he decided to pursue a career as a criminal profiler. It was his dream to become one.

"... has been found this morning. The murder happened last night and the police believe that the person responsible is the Shadow..." The reporter stated. Changbin had the TV on but wasn't watching it. He perked up upon hearing the Shadow's name. It was the name of the most feared serial killer in South Korea and Changbin was obsessed with him. The reason for the murderer's popularity was his unusual method of killing, the lack of any pattern between the victims, the lack of clues, the number of victims and the way he planned his murders so well. Changbin wanted to know why he killed. Did he feel pleasure? Or did he do it for power? Revenge? Changbin wanted to be the one to catch him, but he knew he was still a student and was far from ready to work on an important case as this one.

On his way to the Academy, Changbin stopped by a place. Seeing as the person that was supposed to wait for him wasn't in front of the apartment building, Changbin thought it was better to call. After the fifth ring, the person on the other line picked up.

"Hello?" An unusually deep masculine voice spoke. The guy was still sleepy and sounded adorable despite the sexy husky voice he had due to just waking up.

"Hey, Lix. Did you forget to set an alarm again? You're going to be late." Changbin chuckled. He heard shuffling on the other line and a very loud "Shit! Be down in five." as the person hung up on him.

Changbin was waiting for his boyfriend. They dated for a few years now. Lee Felix, his boyfriend, was a sleepy head. He couldn't wake up in the mornings, but that was very much due to the fact that he had to study until very late at night, leaving him only a few hours of sleep. Unlike Changbin, Felix was studying to become a prosecutor.

True to his word, Felix came running down to the car exactly five minutes later. He sat on the passenger seat next to Changbin and gave his boyfriend a quick peck on the lips. Changbin noticed that his younger boyfriend's hair was disheveled and he fixed it for him before starting the engine and driving away to Felix's University.