"i prefer 'can i have this dance'." he told, making me chuckle as i stood up. 

"i never believed in what i couldn't see." i sang, offering him my hand. "come on, you already missed the first lines." 

david grabbed it and we sang together, dancing a little as we did so. he was a terrible singer and i thought that it was very cute, so i kept smiling at him and hyping him up as we were duetting. when we were singing 'what i've been looking for' and david was doing sharpay's part, someone suddenly opened my door, making us stop immediately. it was matt and zane. "look what we have here." zane teased. 

"how many times i've told you to lock the door?" matt asked, making me roll my eyes.

"what are you guys doing here? i thought you guys were coming over later." i asked, sitting down again, grabbing david's hand so he could do the same. 

"matt thought you were spending the day by yourself, so i suggested coming sooner to spend more time with you." zane explained, sitting down too. 

"we didn't think you were going to be watching and singing high school musical with david." matt chuckled, grabbing a glass of water for himself.

"yeah, i was nailing sharpay's chorus." david joked, making us laugh. 

"we heard, i literally wanted to shoot myself in the face hearing it." zane mocked and david leaned against me, slapping him. 

"i'm the best singer of all of us" he declared and matt gave me a look. 

"if i were you, i wouldn't be so sure." matt said and i decided to change the subject, not wanting zane to also know about my singing skills. i know, it's stupid, but it's been like that since forever. being an introvert as a kid made me terrified of stages or performing in front of people. i did it once and threw up in the middle of the stage. embarrassing. one of the many reasons to hate singing in front of others.

it was almost time for game of thrones to start, so david announced he was leaving. i followed him to the front door. "can i make a suggestion?" he turned around in the middle of the hallway and i leaned against the door. 

"sure." i simply replied.

"i have a pop up shop this weekend, you know?" i nodded. "it's in new york, so i was thinking that maybe you could go with me if you want." i smiled with his proposition, finding cute the way he blushed while asking me. 

"i really wanted to," i bit my bottom lip. "but i can't, i have to prepare for my classes, besides, i'm saving money for something, so i can't really spend a lot, remember that i got fired this week? well, it's going to make a little difference until i find another student." i explained to him.

"you know i can pay for everything, right?" he took a step closer.

"i know, but i don't want you to." i shrugged. "and, you'll be busy with everything and with your fans, i would probably be alone the whole trip." 

david frowned. "natalie is going to be there." 

"well, yeah, but she still said all of those things to me." i raised my eyebrows. "i know she didn't want to upset me, but she did."

he sighed. "just talk to her." 

ignoring his words, i closed the door behind me, leaving us alone in the hallway. "actually, speaking about it, i want to ask you something." he hummed for me to keep going. i waited my neighbor that decided to leave his place right in that moment, giving him a tiny smile, watching as he entered the elevator. when the doors closed, i continued: "don't you think natalie has, i don't know... feelings for you?" david gasped, widening his eyes. it made sense. i mean, she said all of those things to me, twisting everything that david had said to her so i could step away from him. it was weird, if i'm going to be honest. "i'm not saying that she said all of that on purpose, but..." i trailed off.

david seemed in shock at first, but then, he laughed. "you're crazy." he stated, making me frown. "we know each other since forever, if she had feelings for me i would've noticed."

"first of all, men are stupid, so no, you wouldn't have noticed," he rolled his eyes. "second of all, i'm not saying like she hates me and wants me far away from you or anything," i shook my head. "it's not like she's trying to put herself against me, it's just that she wants to protect you, even though i didn't do anything." 

he scoffed. "it's because she's my best friend, my assistant and my roommate, of course she wants to protect me."

i sighed in defeat, not wanting to get this conversation any further. "i'm not gonna say anything." 

david stepped closer, putting his hands on my waist. "do you trust me martis?" 

i hummed, stopping to think about it just to tease him. "just a little." he smiled. 

"i know you do." he kissed my cheek as i wrapped my arms around his neck. "then trust me when i say she doesn't have feelings for me, so you don't have to worry about... or be jealous." 

i scoffed. "i'm not jealous, i'm just pointing out facts." it was a lie. i was a little bit jealous of her, but at the same time i didn't care if she had or hadn't feelings for him. i liked natalie, she was a good person, i know she meant well earlier today, after all.

"i know you're lying." he shook his head. 

"you think you know everything, don't you?" i rolled my eyes at him. 

"oh, but i do." he replied before kissing my cheek. i brought him closer, hugging him. "see you in a few days." david stepped away and i nodded, smiling. 

"see ya." i watched as he jogged down the stairs and entered my apartment after. 

"were you guys making out?" zane asked, making me laugh. 

"no, we haven't kissed yet." i sat down on my previous spot. matt raised his eyebrows at me. "two quick pecks don't count, okay? i didn't even feel his lips properly." i protested. 

___

double update bc i'm nice (also 'angela' by flower face started playing as i posted i'm-)