Chapter 16

(Demi's pov)
I can't believe today I'm turning twenty eight years old and I wish I could stay home and celebrate with the people I love but I have to go to work at the studio to release my album and talk about if I'm going to be having a tour for my greatest hits of life album that I finished working on before I got into a coma.

When I'm gone I wonder what my family has planned for me when I'm gone to the studio  I hope it's something  exciting  and fun.

I wish Darryl could be there to celebrate my twenty eighth birthday with me but I understand that he has to save the world and solve the issue that is putting our family in danger.

Before I could get out of bed I started to slowly get out of bed because I don't want Alyssa to wake up.

To get my mind off of what is happening I started looking through the drawers to find something to wear so I picked out a pink flowery jacket with a black shirt and a matching skirt that was the same design as my jacket.

Wow I haven't worn something like this since I was going to meet Leah's teachers for parent teacher interviews

Wow I haven't worn something like this since I was going to meet Leah's teachers for parent teacher interviews.  I should wear clothes like this for now on when I have a meeting any where like the studio or at school for the kids or have anything to do with Darryl.

After I got dressed in the bathroom  I combed my hair and added some lipstick and started walking out of the room.

■○■○○¤■IN THE KITCHEN ■○■○■○■○■
"Wow someone looks sharp today." Dallas said with an amazed look on her face.

"Thanks Dal." I replied smiling.

"No problem." Dallas said smiling.

"Before you go to work I have to give you twenty eight birthday bumps." Dallas added as she got out of her chair.

"Why ?" I asked with a  sigh.

"You did to me last year so it's only fair I do for your birthday." Dallas answered as she started rolling up my jacket sleeve.

After Dallas stopped talking she started giving me twenty eight birthday bumps.

"That hurts Dallas." I said rubbing my pained shoulder.

"Revenge is sweet isn't  ?" Dallas asked with a  laugh.

I just rolled my eyes at her and started walking towards the door.

"If the kids wonder where I am tell them I'm gone to the studio and I'll be back soon." I explained as I grabbed my car keys off the table.

"Don't worry I will." My mom said smiling  as I started to open the door.

"See you guys later." I replied smiling.

"Bye Dems." My mom and Dallas replied together as I started walking out of the house.