When It Rains, It Pours (Renjun)

Cold.  It was unbearably cold.  He had stepped out for some fresh air to get away from everyone and everything, but a storm had caught him on his way back.  The rain soaked through his thin t-shirt, and his nose started to run.  Tears streamed down his face, but they blended in with the huge raindrops that leaked from the sky.

Everything felt a bit much.  The fans, the managers, even some of the other members.  Because of something he'd said, the whole group was divided.  He pulled out his phone, his frail hands trembling as he dialed your number.  As soon as you picked up, he hung up.  He couldn't stand to make you worry about him.  If you knew he was crying alone in the rain, he knew you'd throw a fit and end some careers.  

His phone screen lit up with a call from you.  Not picking up would give you more reasons to worry.  

"Renjun?" you asked slowly into the phone, and you immediately recognized his muffled sobbing

"Renjun?" you asked slowly into the phone, and you immediately recognized his muffled sobbing.  He didn't cry often.  In fact, you'd only heard him cry twice in the five years you had dated him.  Once was when he wasn't sure if he was cut out to debut.  And the second time was when he had finally made it on stage with his group NCT Dream.

"Renjun?" you asked again.

"Mhmm?"

You cleared your throat.  "You called a few moments ago.  Where are you right now?"

Renjun looked around.  His eyes were blurry with tears, making the landscape look unfamiliar.  "I'm in this parking lot."

"YOU'RE OUTSIDE?!" you screeched.  At this point, you were already jamming some stuff into your backpack and forcing your feet into your rain boots.  "I'm coming.  Hold on."

Renjun sniffled.  The inside of his nose burned from trying to hold his crying in.  "Y/N, why do bad things happen to good people?"

Your heart felt like it had been sliced open.  You listened to his uneven ragged breathing.  "Renjun, please stay put.  I'm coming for you."  Luckily, you had his location shared on your phone.  He was only a few minutes away, and if you took the car, you'd cut that time in half.  You stepped on the gas and stopped in the parking lot of your favorite restaurant.  Renjun stood there with his phone pressed to his cheek.  Even from a distance, you could see him shivering.  You forced your legs to move as you ran to him and covered him with an umbrella.

"Y/N," he smiled sadly.  "You're probably the only person who cares about me."

You pressed him flush against you, hoping the heat of your body would warm him up.  "Don't say that.  You know you're like a brother to the other members.  And the managers and staff are so fond of you!  And the fans!  I mean, have you seen the memes they make of you being a savage online?  They obviously adore you."

Renjun knew you were trying to make him feel better, but he was having a hard time believing your words.  He was convinced that the members hadn't even realized he had slipped out.  Being the oldest in Dream, he thought he could take on more responsibility and help the group grow.  

"I don't know what's going through your mind right now, but you're totally worth it to me.  Remember all those people who told me I'd never be able to continue dating you after you debuted?  Look at all the obstacles we've overcome together!  It's been five years, yet we haven't had some stupid 'dating scandal' released about us."

"RENJUN!"

He turned his head and saw what looked like an army of men racing towards him.  You stepped in front of Renjun protectively, handing him the umbrella.  

"Renjun?  Are you okay?" Jisung asked.  He looked around you at his hyung's shivering form and shook his head.  "Hyung, you're not okay."

Taeyong pulled Renjun into a hug, and even though his clothes were soaking wet, he felt warm inside.  You had to admit, you were kinda jealous he was enjoying Taeyong's hug more than yours.  

"I have a heated blanket prepared for you in the van," Johnny smiled.  "Hop in."

You placed your hands on your hips.  "Um, exCUSE me, but I have a heated blanket, fresh clothes, AND food.  Hop in, Renjun."

Renjun smiled.  "And food?"

Jaemin pushed Johnny aside.  "We got you a new Moomin phone case, and a Moomin plush, and-"

Renjun squealed.  "MOOMIN!"  He laughed for a second before pulling the guys in for a hug and placing a kiss on your cheek.  "I'm sorry I ever doubted your love for me.  It's just that I was worried what I said caused a commotion and that all of us were going to suffer because of it."

Winwin ruffled Renjun's wet hair.  "Well you've got 21 people backing you up, so there's nothing to worry about."

Lucas cleared his throat.  "So now the real question is... who are you leaving with?"

---

A/N:  Sorry that I've been kinda MIA for a while!  After finishing up Tear, I got severe writers block and realized I needed a quick break.  I'm working on some new stuff, so stay tuned!  Also, this imagine was more of a Renjun appreciation post.  It's not meant to bash certain people or call them out for their actions but just a reminder to love this amazing, talented fluff ball.  Hope you enjoyed it! <3

Question of the imagine:  Who's van would you get into if you were Renjun?  Tbh, I'd probably get into Y/N's van just because I know I'd be seeing the boys later and that Y/N took all that trouble for me.  :)