"i know, martis, text me your location and i'll be there before you notice, just do what i said, okay?"

"okay, see ya!" i said before hanging up. "hey man, he's coming to pick me up, can you give the address?" i asked loudly, not knowing where the guy was. after a few seconds, he appeared from the kitchen and i handed him my phone so he could text david.

while i waited for david, i was staring my feet, bouncing them back and forth while i was sitting down on the stool. i was fixated with them, thinking about how cute they looked with my black vans on. with that, i didn't notice, half an hour later, david entering the bar until he put his hand on my shoulders so i could look up. "davey!" i exclaimed happily. "it's so good to see you, oh my god!" i wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him. "you're so skinny, wow." he chuckled.

"we have to go now, martis, come on." he put his hands on my wrists so i could let go of him. 

"hey, are you david?" i heard the old man's voice behind us. 

"oh, that's the man who wouldn't let me go." i said getting up. "whoops!" i let out when i almost fell on the bar counter. david put his hands on hips so he could keep me on my feet. "god i drank too much." i giggled.

"i didn't let you go because it's late and you're all by yourself, it's dangerous out there."  the man said and i shrugged.

"yeah, but i slept here in this counter in a bar full of man, what possibly could've happen to me on a five minutes walk back to my place?" i rested my head on david's shoulder. 

"what's going on with you angela? come on, we should go home." david said and i felt him shaking his head.

i started to get worried because i was letting him down. he called me by my full name, shit. "sorry david." i mumbled and decided to keep my mouth shut until we got back to my place. david thanked the man and helped me get inside his tesla. when he put on my seatbelt, he closed my door and entered the driver seat. he had to make a turn back to my place and while he drove, i stayed quiet.

i was embarrassed with my doings. i felt like i hadn't control over my mouth or on how i was acting, and i just couldn't stop being such an idiot with him. i shouldn't have called, i should've ran away when no one was noticing to get back home without bothering him. "are you awake?" david asked as he parked in front of my building. 

i nodded, feeling my face wet because of the tears. i didn't even notice that i was crying. jeez, what a mess. "thank you for the ride, sorry again for waking you up this late." i mumbled, not looking at him as i took off my seatbelt. i didn't want him to see me crying, i looked stupid.

"this i what friends are for, right?" he laughed softly. i didn't know why, but i started crying even harder when he said that, worrying david, that quickly took off his seatbelt and turned to my direction. "hey, what happened, why are you crying?" david asked, soothing his voice.

"i'm sorry, it's just..." i sobbed. "i shouldn't have called you, this is so wrong, i barely know you and now i'm scaring you off." david laughed. he laughed at my words. "why are you laughing? this is not funny!" i asked incredulous.

david leaned in and wiped away a few tears. "you're so drunk, martis," he shook his head, still laughing. "come on, i'll help you get in, let's go."

he hopped off and quickly came to my door, opening it so i could hop off too. he put his hands on my waist, guiding me inside my building. the doorman had already opened for us, seeing how wasted i looked. david entered the elevator with me in his arms, clicking the button to my floor. the ride didn't last long, but it made me feel nauseous. i handed him the keys inside my pocket so he could unlock my door and so he did. "hey salem." david whispered when he saw her laying on the carpet near the door. 

"mommy is drunk." i said, stumbling inside. david chuckled, locking my door. i started to take my clothes off, not caring about david's presence and he turned to the other side. i put on the hoodie he gave to me and a shorts. "you can look now." and he turned on his heels, smiling as soon as he saw my clickbait hoodie. "i like to sleep with it," i mumbled laying down on my bed. "it smells like you."

david nodded, stepping closer to my bed, sitting down on the edge. "i'll wait for you to get some sleep and then i'll go." he informed, making me frown.

i poked his back with my feet underneath the duvet, making him glance towards me. "stay." i whispered before i could even process what i was going to say. "lay down here with me, it's more comfortable." i yawned, patting the spot beside me.

david hesitated before taking his shoes off and crawling inside the covers to lay by my side. "is that better?" he asked playfully.

i shifted closer to him, laying my head on his chest, wrapping my arms on his waist and putting one leg between his. "way better." he started to play with my hair, making me sigh. "i really like you david." i confessed.

"i like you too, martis." he chuckled.

"i like you more than just a friend." i admitted, making him shift a little bit by my side. "i really do."

"me too." he whispered.

"i really hope you're not lying, dobrik." i inhaled his scent from his shirt, feeling happy with his presence. "people lied to me my entire life, i don't need another one." 

"i'm not." he kissed the top of my head and i hummed, closing my eyes. "get some sleep now."