Chapter 8: shadow

Chapter 8
Emily's P.O.V

I was shocked, more like terrified. The person behind me didn't move, well, I think is a person. Of course is a person, stupid! I couldn't move. I was frozen. Now I know why people in movies don't move, they are too shocked to move.

In just one movement the shadow moved from the dark side of the room to the light. Then a loud scream was heard and it wasn't mine. When the person was in the light I could see it was.... Ryan. What the heck is he doing here? Is he following me? How did he get in the house? Who the heck is screaming?!? I turn around and Jake was the one screaming, that idiot. Didn't he see it was just Ryan?

"Dude, stop screaming is just me." Ryan said, finally speaking.

"Oh yeah, hi Ryan." Jake said blushing.

"What are you doing here? Are you stalking me?" I asked Ryan, looking at him.

"Yeah, you wish princess, if you didn't know I live here now," he said smirking.

"What!?" I screamed looking at Jake with his 'it wasn't me' face.

"Well, he doesn't have any place to stay so I just told him to stay here for a few weeks" Jake said looking at his hands. "Don't be mad Emily, I was going to tell you but I forgot" he said, looking like a puppy after being punished for doing something wrong.

I was a little angry at Jake because he didn't tell me but I know how he is and he does forget stuff so I don't blame him. But Ryan he could have told me he was going to stay at my best friend house!

"Well, I'm going upstairs to the room I'm staying" Ryan said going up the stairs, but before he could take another step he stopped and looked at Jake.

"Oh and by the way, you have something brown on your face dude" he said to Jake, then he left. Jake touch his face, then looked at me.

"Emily do you know why my face is cover in Nutella?" Jake said, looking directly at me.

"Are you sure is Nutella, for all I know it could be dog poop" I told him smirking. He started to get up and had an evil look on his face. I started to back away, getting ready to run.

"Don't run little girl or it will get ugly" Jake said in his big macho voice that just made me laugh. Before I could run away, I was tackled to the floor with a stick Jake above me.

"Ah Jake get off me you are heavy and sticky" I yelled at him pushing him off me.

"I wonder why I'm sticky, do you know why, Emily?" he asked smirking.

"Ha! Every time you smirk you look like the joker" I said laughing but he just glared at me.
"Okay, I'm sorry Jake" I apologized laughing.

"For?" he asked with a serious face.

"For letting a dog poop on your face!!" I screamed and pushed him with all my 'power' and started to run.

I was running super-fast with Jake not far behind. He was getting closer and when he got me, a big loud noise came from upstairs. It sounded like if someone broke a window or something. I looked at Jake and he had the same worry face as me.

He unwrapped his arms around me "did you heard that?" He asked me.

"Ryan and you are in big trouble if he broke something " I informed him in a taunting manner.

We were getting closer to the stairs when Ryan came running down, he was out of breath and had a worried face.

"Don't tell me you broke my mom vase. " was the first thing Jake said.

"Or the window," was my turn to say.

"Shut up! Both of you, this is urgent." He yelled getting closer to use and pulling us to the other room.

What has he done?

Don't forget to vote!