Chapter 23: Are we there yet?

Chapter 23

Emily's P.O.V

After packing some clothes in a bag and things we needed, we were on our way to Ryan's aunt house.

"How do you know where your aunt's house is?" I asked getting tired of walking.

"GPS, plus I called her and she is meeting us half way," he said looking at his phone.

"Where does she live?"

"Florida" he simply said. Making me stop and stare at him.

"Are you nuts?! Florida? We are in South Carolina!" I yelled pulling at his arm.

"That's why she is meeting us in Georgia" he said interlocking our fingers.

"I'm starting to regret this, imagine if the people we are running away finds us walking here?" I asked. We were passing in front of some stores.

"Wait, I have an idea." I said stopping in front of a costume store.

"Oh no," said Ryan with a look of terror in his face.

"Oh yes, come on." I pulled Ryan's hand taking him in the store.

"Good afternoon," said a girl maybe a few years older than me. She was dressed like does girls in 'mean girls' that went to the costume party.

"Hi" greeted Ryan.

"So what are you looking for?" She asked looking at Ryan with googly eyes.

"My boyfriend and I are looking for wigs and glasses" I said interlocking Ryan's fingers and mines. After saying that her face expression dropped.

"Oh sure, um this way" she lead us to the area of wigs. Then left saying she will be helping the other customers.

"I see someone was jelly" commented Ryan.

"Jelly? Me? Not a chance" I told him grabbing a blonde wig and putting it on.

"So how do I look?" I asked turning to Ryan.

"Blonde," he simply reply. "I like brunets better."

"Well to bad, I'm blonde now" I got a Harry Style's looking hair wig for Ryan. I was holding it up so he could take it, but he just stared at the piece of fake hair.

"You want me to wear that?" He asked, looking confused.

"Yeah, is only until your aunt comes and picks us up" I said, taking the wig and putting it on his head.

"How do I look?" He asked moving his fake hair with his hand.

"You look great, now let's go find some glasses and go" I said laughing at the hobo looking guy in front of me (not that Harry's hair looks like a hobos, no offense to hobos either).

After we got everything we needed so no one could recognize us, we started to walk again.

"I'm tired!" I said.

"We only been walking for 5 minutes"

"Exactly, why don't we get a taxi and head to a hotel? Then we get another taxi in the morning and go to Georgia?" I asked.

"Not a bad idea," he said then stop to signal a taxi.

After 20 minutes we stop in a hotel and got a room. Ryan paying for everything. I asked him where he got so much money but he didn't want to tell me.

"Well, I'm super exhausted," Ryan said throwing himself on the bed.

"Lay with me" he said.

"Well, as much as I would love to lay with you. I have to take this wig off and take a shower."  Ryan just gave me a disappointed look.

"But I will later" I said and went to take a shower. After I was done, Ryan was on the bed sleeping.

I creep to his side, positioning my mouth to his ear and screaming.

"Ahh, Emily what is your problem?" He asked still surprise by me scaring him.

"Go take a shower, now" I said pointing to the bathroom.

"Ok, ok I'll go mother" he said going inside the bathroom.

That gave me time to text my mom saying I'm sorry for everything, but it was for their safety. After we left the house I left a note on the door, after 20 minutes she started to call me, but I didn't answer.

I put my phone on the night stand and went to sleep.

Don't forget to vote