Chapter 22: Again

Chapter 22

Emily's P.O.V

"I think we are lost." I said to Ryan for the 3rd time.

"We aren't lost" he assure, pulling on my hand.

"Yes, we are. We were supposed to get to the diner like 15 minutes ago. It has past 30, do you see a diner anywhere?" I asked, being a little dramatic.

"Hush, we are getting there, don't worry." He said in a calm voice.

"Look, is there!!" I yelled, pointing to the small diner up ahead. But what catch my eye was the two couple in front kissing.

"Is tha-"

"Yes, it is" I cut Ryan off. Looking at Jake and Jennifer. Before I knew it I started running to there direction.

"Emily wait! Look out for the cars." Ryan yelled. What cars? This place is deserted.     

When Jake turn around and saw me, his face expression turn shocked.

"Hi, Jake" I said, when I was in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" Jennifer asked, annoyed.

"Well hello to you too. I'm here on a date with Ryan." I said, smiling.
She just stared at me and Ryan.

"Come on Jakey lets go inside," she said, acting like a little girl.

"You go ahead and pick a table." he told Jennifer. "What are you doing here!?" He yelled at me when Jennifer was inside.

"On a date, duh." I said like it was the obvious reason why I was in this place.

"How did you get out of the house?"

"I have a secret." I told him.

"Which is?" He asked

I leaned closer to whisper in his ear. "I'm a ninja" I said, then put my index finger to my lips to tell him to be quiet. He just stared at me.

"And to think I won the argument," he said shaking his head and going inside the dinner.

"So a ninja huh?" Asked Ryan.

"Oh Ryan you heard me! Now this is a secret you have to keep," I said blowing a kiss to his direction.
-------------------------
It has past 30 minutes and I was looking at the table where Jake and Jennifer sat. They didn't let us sit with them so that meant I had to look from a far.

"Emily stop, Jennifer looks like a nice girl. She is not going to hurt Jake." Ryan said, making me look at him.

"She is evil, I can sense it."

"Whatever you say, but you are acting very protective over Jake." He pointed out. After he said that a very familiar guy entered the door.

"Oh my God, Ryan look!" I whispered, pointing at the guy.

When he looked where I was pointing at, he looked very angry.
Brian headed to where the cashier was and started looking around.

Ryan stood up and was going to walk toward him before I pulled his arm. "Are you stupid?! Where do you think you're going?"

"To beat him up, my ribs still hurt after he kicked me."

"Your whole body is going to hurt after I'm done with you if he catch us." I hissed

"Come on, we have to go." I said, pulling Ryan's hand before Brian could see us.

We started to walk to the front door of the dinner when we saw the van parked outside and who was in it.

"What are we going to do?" I asked Ryan.

"Let's go to the back of the diner. There must be a back door." When we went to the back indeed there was a door. We got outside and started to walk faster getting away, before Brian or Ryan's father could see us.

"Wait, what about Jake!?" I stopped.

"He's going to be fine, but you and me, not to sure." He pulled on my arm so I could keep running.

When we got to the house, I started to look for my mom.

"Mom, we have to go!" I yelled, trying to find her.

"Mom!" I keep yelling but she didn't answer. Suddenly a phone started to ring, it was my phone.

"Hello?" I asked, without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello, Emily." my mom's voice said threw the phone.

"Mom, where are you!"

"Oh, I'm with John. I just went to get some food. Mine just, well got burned and John offered to drive me to the pizzeria up town."

"Mom, we have to leave this place. Ryan's dad is here." I told her.

"What? Oh gosh. Don't worry I'll be at the house in a minute. Stay there and don't try to escape, again. I'm serious Emily." She said, and hung up.

"They'll be here in a few minutes," I told Ryan.

"Emily, I have a better idea" he said, to serious.

"What?"

"Run away with me." He said. I just keep looking at him.

"Are you crazy!!?" I yelled, hitting him.

"I was just joking, gosh." He said, blocking my hits. "But is not a bad idea actually. We can get away from here and your family could be safe."

"Ryan, we can't leave. Where would we go? Plus we don't have money. "I said.

"Actually, I do and we could head to my aunt's house. I was going to stay there before my dad broke into Jake's house and all of this happened."

I started to think about it and he could be right. I mean if it gets my family safe. Plus Ryan's dad is just looking for us.

"Okay, but we have to move fast."

Vote