Chapter 28: Get away

Chapter 28

Ryan's POV

"She doesn't remember anything that happened this past few months?" I asked the doctor, getting mad.

"I believe so. But don't worry she will get her memory back. Hopefully." The doctor said.

"Thanks doctor. Can I talk to you in private, Ryan?" July asked walking away, I just followed her. She stopped around the corner and turned to look at me.

"I need you to make believe that nothing has happened in the past few weeks." she said

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"What I'm trying to say is that the least Emily knows about you the better." She said. "Emily has been through a lot and you are a bad influence on her."

"But what if she gets her memory back?" I asked

"You will be long gone by then. Ryan is for her own good. You need to understand." I don't understand, she is asking me to forget about Emily too.

"What are you going to tell her then?" I asked not believing in her words.

"I'll make something up"

Emily's POV

"I got shot by a robber?" I asked

"Yes, you and Jake." mom said

"Why was Ryan here?" I asked confused.

"I guess he was just worried. It did happen when Jake was taking you home from the party." she said.

"I'm Sorry I lied about the party."

"Don't worry Hon"

"Where is Jake? Is he ok?" I asked.

"Oh he's fine. You are both leaving tomorrow. Then when your wounds heal both of you are going to school." she said.

"Ok. I'm tired, I'll just go to sleep."

"Get some rest, I'll be downstairs" mom said walking out the door. After 3 minutes I heard the door open again.

"You forgot something?" I asked not opening my eyes.

"No. I just came to see how you were doing" someone said. I opened my eyes and saw Ryan standing there.

"Hey" I greeted.

"Hey" he replied "so how are you?" He asked.

"I'm good, I was lucky." I said smiling at him.

"Yeah" he simply said.

"Are you okay Ryan?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Cool." I didn't know what else to say. "Um, thanks for checking up on us. You really didn't have to."

"No problem, Red" he said, then looked shocked.

"Red?" I asked confused.

"Oh yeah... Um your lips are red." he said. That was weird. My lips red? My lips where pale as Dracula. 

"I'm really glad you're okay." He said moving closer.

"Ryan, you didn't tell me about your mom." I feel horrible for bringing the subject back but I really want to know.

"Emily, my mom died."

"I'm so sorry." I said, " Did they catch the guy?" I don't even remember who the guy was.

"Yeah, he was taken care off." He simply said.

"Um Okay. Are you sure you are fine?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm super fine. Well I'll get going. Bye, Emily." he said in a sad tone. He was acting as if this was the last time he would ever see me.

"Bye" I said and when he was gone I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep.

Vote