The Truth Pt. 2 (Annabeth)

A/N: Oops, I wrote a sad. TRIGGER WARNING: SUICIDE. Sorry!

You sighed as you leaned against a pillar, sighing bored. So far nothing had happened to you. All the fighting was still in the city, at the base of the building. Ethan was closer to Olympus's entrance. You knew that Percy and Annabeth would be here soon. Not a confrontation you were looking forward to.

You heard voices approaching. You were hidden behind a pillar next to the Throne Room doors. You heard Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. Despite how little you wanted to see them, your job was to delay anyone trying to enter the Throne Room. Kronos was busy doing... something. You weren't 100% sure.

Removing your weapon from your belt you took a deep as the voices got closer. Steadying yourself you stepped out from your hiding spot, weapon raised.

"Hey guys," you greeted casually. Their eyes widened as they took you in. It's been a year since you've seen Annabeth (much less time had since Percy was on the ship). Her hair was longer and she looked more tired than you remembered. Her eyes were sad, and you guessed that she was still sad over your betrayal. That's fair.

They were silent. You were never close to Percy, Grover was a good friend, and Annabeth, well, you thought there was a possibility for more. So her saying nothing hurt more than you wanted to admit. Not wanting them to see how hurt you were you spoke, "Wow, silent treatment? That's rude."

"Betraying your home and friends is pretty rude too," Percy retorted. You gave him a dirty look. Did he not see you were trying to get Annabeth to talk. He didn't say anything and just pulled out his sword, brandishing it in front of him. Annabeth pulled out her dagger and Grover pulled out his... panpipes.

"Come on Grover, really?" you asked him. He blushed but didn't back down. You sighed, shifting into a better fighting position. "I really don't want to do this, guys. Just go. Please."

"You know we can't do that, (Y/N)," Annabeth spoke, sadness dripping from her voice.

You tilted your head to the side. "Why? 'Cause the gods said so? That's our problem you know. So, um, bad excuse Annie."

She took a deep breath at the nickname. "Just move aside (Y/N)."

You sighed and shook your head. "You know I can't. I rather like living."

Not answering you, Percy lunged. You blocked his sword and turned yourself with the momentum. Dropping to the floor you swiped your leg under the closest person to you. Grover came done and landed on his back. You quickly stood up and dodged Annabeth's dagger. You were too slow and she ended up nicking your cheek. You lunged towards her and tackled her. You landed on top of her, giving her a breathless smile before rolling off. You came face-to-face or rather face-to-blade with Percy's sword.

You were taking heavy breaths. Before you could get up, Annabeth and Grover flanked you. "Well, this isn't a fair fight."

"Why?" you heard a broke voice ask you. You looked at Annabeth who had tears being held back.

You didn't respond. You had no idea what to say without bursting into tears. They thought what they were doing was hard? You've spent the last two years secretly betraying your home (Percy wasn't wrong).

"(Y/N), please," she begged, a rarity from her. She even got on her knees to look at you.

"... Do you know what it feels like to watch the person you love grow distant?"

"What?"

You looked up at her, eye hardened. "I loved you. But you decided that your new friendship was more important than ours. You barely spent any time with me before the battle. So, when Luke offered me a chance to feel important, I took it."

"Y-You love me?" she questioned, standing up and looking frantically between Percy and Grover. They looked on, helpless.

"Loved," you corrected. You felt a tear escape and fall down your cheek. The salt in the tear burned your cut. "I loved you. Because you made it clear you didn't love me."

"I-I-" It was the first time you heard her at a lack of words. You sighed and tightened your grip on your weapon. You felt the crumpled piece of paper practically burning a hole in your pocket. You dropped your head.

"Just go," you said sharply. "There's no point in delaying the inevitable."

Glancing between each other, the trio tried to determine your sincerity. But Annabeth knew you, and she knew when you were defeated. Her heart twisted. Why couldn't you've told her your feelings? Maybe she could've helped you, saved you. Loved you. Percy's hand landed on her shoulder and he grimly looked at her. Se nodded and wiped the tears trying to escape. The three walked to the door but were stopped before they entered.

"Before you go," you said in a quiet voice, not moving from your spot on your knees, "Can, can you just say it once. Just so I can know what it's like?"

Annabeth smiled sadly, tears finally escaping. She ran over to you and dropped to her knees. She hugged you tightly. "I love you (Y/N)," she whispered in your ear. You hugged her back, finally breaking down and crying. Tear soaked her shoulder but she knew she had to go. Pulling back she gave you one last look before going back to Percy and Grover. They entered the Throne Room, leaving you crying on the floor.

~Time Skip~

Annabeth was standing with Percy (leaning on him more like). Luke's body had been taken away. She stopped crying but the tear track remained. This day was not going well for her. Disaster after disaster. She only hoped she could help you when this was over.

The doors to the Throne Room opened with the first batch of demigods returning from fighting. Annabeth didn't look, but she noticed the crestfallen face of (Y/G/P) (your godly parent). They stood from their throne and walked over to the demigods. this intrigued Annabeth so she followed them with her eyes. She let out a shocked gasp as she saw was (Y/G/P) was walking towards. In the arms of your oldest sibling was your body. Being held bridle style offered little support for your head, it was hanging over (Sibling's name)'s arm. One of your arms was dangling, but the other was resting on your chest in a loose fist. But what caught her attention was the large blood stain on your abdomen. It covered the width of your shirt and was slowly dripping on the floor. You weren't breathing.

Running past (Y/G/P), she sprinted over to your body. She paused with her hand hovering over your body. (Sibling's name) had tears down their face. Annabeth thought she was done crying, but she was proven wrong was her nose stuffed up and tears welled. She felt (Y/G/P) walk up next to her. They did speak. Annabeth leaned down, her ponytail brushed your chest. She kissed your forehead.

"I love you."

She grabbed your cold hand on your chest, but to her surprise, she felt something brushing her plam. She pulled back and gently opened your hand. In your was a crumpled ball of paper. She picked it up and smoothed it out. Her name was at the top.

Dear Annie,

At this point, I can only assume you defeated Kronos. And you know how I've felt for the past few years. I know you enough to know that you're probably blaming yourself. Stop. My friend Ethan and I had a plan; if Kronos loses we'd kill ourselves. I'm sure you thought you could reintroduce us to camp. But after everything I've done, I doubt they'd let me with a mile of the borders. I'm sorry. And no matter what I said, I still love you, and I always will.

Forever yours,

(Y/N) (Y/L/N)