Is It Really Unnatural? (Hazel)

A/N: Takes place after the war in Camp Jupiter. Annabeth and Percy are in college and you and Hazel are, I don't know, 16.

You smiled as you watched her laugh at your joke. It made you feel good that you could get her to laugh- to momentarily forget all her problems and relax. You also internally frowned at how stalkerish that sounded. You felt a tap at your shoulder and turned to face Hazel.

"Are you okay? You spaced out for a minute." she asked.

You gave her a smile and nodded, "Sorry. I got caught up thinking of something."

Before Hazel could respond someone called out. You both turned to see Annabeth walking towards you.

"Hey girls." she said sitting next to you.

"Hey."

"Hi."

Annabeth quickly looked between you and Hazel and smirked. Oh no.

"Hey Hazel. I think Nico is looking for you." Annabeth told her.

Hazel raised an eyebrow in questioning, "Really? Okay. See you two."

With that she walked off to find her brother. Annabeth waited until Hazel was out of earshot. She turned towards you with a exasperated expression.

"When are you going to ask her out?" she questioned, gray eyes shinning.

You felt heat rise into your cheeks and stuttered of an answer, "W-W-Wel-l, I-I- d-don't-t-"

Annabeth's laugh cut you off. You frowned and pushed her. She continued to laugh until she managed to speak.

"Well," he said taking calming breaths, "You really should ask her out. I know you really, really, really, like her."

Before you could utter a word a gasp startled you. You whipped your head around to see Hazel agape. She had a blush on her cheeks but looked frightened.

"Hazel-" Before you could explained she rushed off.

You and Annabeth shared a look and you quickly ran after her. She turned into the area with the barracks. You lost her in the crowd of the mingling Romans.

'Well,' you thought, 'Looks like I've fucked up this time."

Before you could walk past the 5th cohort's barracks a quiet noise caught your ears. It was muffled but obvious enough-crying. You slowly moved towards the sound and after a few steps you stopped next to the trembling body. You sat down next to her and wrapped your arms around Hazel's now stiff body. You held on a little tighter until she turned her body and cried into your shoulder. you rubbed her back and tried to clam her sobs. Soon enough her sobs turned into small sniffles and she looked up to you, her eyes bloodshot and a few tears remained on her cheeks.

"Hey," you whispered, "are you alright?"

Hazel sniffed again and turn out of out arms. She buried her head into her arms and said something that was muffled.

"Come again?"

Hazel lift her head and looked back to you. "I like you too."

You perked up a bit, she did like you. But why was she crying? And just as the sensible side of you was about to ask her, the sarcastic side of you blurted out something else.

"Do I really look that bad?"

You almost hit yourself at that, but to your amazement Hazel gave a small chuckle. You smiled brightly at the daughter of Pluto and moved your arm around her shoulders. This time she didn't stiffen or pull away but instead leaded into your side. Your smile dimmed to a soft smirk. Hazel sighed and rest her head on your shoulder, and when you look down at her you noticed the light dusting of pink on her cheeks.

"So," you started- resting you head upon hers, "Wanna tell me wha-why you were crying."

You tried to avoid talking about the conversation between you and Annabeth. Hazel seemed to notice your hesitation and inched away from you, but you held your grip on her shoulders.

"Please Hazel. Just tell me-"

"Because it's not natural!" she snapped, tears swelling in her golden eyes once again. Your eyes widened at her outburst but you understood what she meant... But that didn't mean you weren't going to make her say it.

"What's not natural?" You gently ask her.

"This, me and you." she tries to explain, but at your look she tries to explain further. "I-I shouldn't-t f-feel, like- well- Ugh!"

Frustrated she buries her head into her hands again. You carefully lift her head out of her hands and cupped her cheeks. You smile at her and wiped away the tears silently dripping down her flushed cheeks.

"I know what your talking about."

Hazel seemed to perk up a bit at this, "Really?"

You nodded and laughed at the excitement in her voice, "Of course. I mean, I feel the same way."

She smiled, but it was soon replaced with a small frown.

"But isn't it unnatural?"

"Now who told you that?" you ask raising an eyebrow.

"My mo-"

You cut her off in possibly the most cheesiest way possible- with a kiss. You stayed that way until she started to kiss back. When you pulled back you couldn't help but chuckle at the pout on her face. You pulled her closer and leaned down to her ear.

"Is it really unnatural?"

A/N: OMG this is so late. I am sososososo sorry!!!!! Currently working on like three requests.