Well, I Figured... (Brother!Leo)

A/N: This is set before the books, when Leo is in one of his foster homes. The reader is another child there that looks up to Leo and sees him as a big brother. Leo is about 10 so the reader can be anywhere from 6 to 8 I suppose.        

         You stifled a giggle and admired your work. On top of Leo's head you'd managed to place a party hat. You had asked Mrs. Rodgers (your foster mom) to help you hang a happy birthday banner on the wall by his bed. On top of Leo's chest was a drawing you had made him. It was drawn with crayon but it clearly showed to stick figures (you and Leo) hugging with a messily written message that read 'HAPPY B-DAY!' because birthday is hard to spell. Lastly there was a cupcake (store bought, but it's the thought that counts) on the bedside dresser. You patted yourself on your back walked out of Leo's room.

         Soon enough Leo woke up and couldn't help but smile when he saw all of the gifts you had left him. Of course he knew it was you. The two other kids in the home thought Leo was annoying and didn't even bother to learn his birthday. But you did. You were always by his side when possible and he never got sick of it. You were like his sidekick. Plus when you were around he found it hard to think about his mom and what happened.

         Leo hopped out of bed and grabbed to cupcake you had left. He eat it as he got dressed. Once he was done he left his room and went to your room. Yes, each of you had your own room. They were small so it wasn't completely outrageous. Anyways Leo knocked on your door and smiled again when he heard you giggle from inside.

        "Come in!" You called from on your bed.

         When your door open your weren't ready to be rushed at by Leo. He ran at you and talked you on your bed with a hug.

         "Thank you hermana." He said pulling away from the hug. He sat back on your bed and watched as you sat up giggling.

        "You're welcome Lee! But can I ask you a question?" You asked looking at his curiously.

        "Of course (Y/N). But only if I can ask you a question too."

        "Alright!" You exclaimed, "Well, um. What does her- herma, um,"

        "Hermana?" He offered fiddling with a piece of pipe cleaner he had.

        "Yeah! What does that mean?" You asked watching his hands.

        "It means sister. I hope you don't mind!" He said with an embarrassed smile. At your smile and shake of head he relaxed. "So, my question. Bit that I didn't love it, but why did you do all this for me?"

        You blushed and stuttered for a moment, "Well, I figured... um. See, Ilmeoyouareplanmingonleavingsoonand,"

         "Woah, slow down. Even I can't understand you!" Leo said with a laugh.

         "Okay. Well um. I know that you plan on leaving soon and Mrs. Rodgers says that I have to go to a camp for the summer next week so I thought I would do something for you as a going away present..."

   Leo went blank for a moment and then hugged you again. He didn't ask how you knew what he was going to do. He just decided to spend his birthday with you and not question it.

         You were right though. Two days later you woke up and Leo was gone. A few days after that you were sent to a summer camp on Long Island Sound where you decieded to stay year round. As the years went by you never forgot Leo and how he made the foster home interesting. You never knew if you would see him again.