Day 12 - Juice

Breakfast fluff!!! It's short but I think it's okay?

Photographer!Roman for absolutely no reason other than I couldn't think of anything better

Another short one but trust me, tomorrow's concept? God-tier. I can't have my computer at night so I started writing it on paper because I was so excited. I never write on paper, because I hate it, but writing ahead of time for tomorrow seemed worth it (edit from after I wrote it: it didn't end up being all that good because I didn't have time (which i keep using as an excuse like??? I'm capable of editing?) but it's still a really good idea, and probably would be better written in someone else's hands :^))

This isn't good but meh it's alright.

Virgil's POV

"Motherfucker!" Roman continued swearing for a bit, presumably having hurt himself somehow. These are the things I wake up to.

I yawned, trying to ignore whatever was going on in the kitchen for just a few more minutes. I grabbed my phone from my nightstand. There were three texts from Roman.

[8:46] Roman: Babe don't get out of bed this morning

[8:52] Roman: I realize now that that sounds more than a bit threatening, but it's not, I promise

[8:53] Roman: Just stay in bed

Yes, that does sound very threatening, but honestly? I'm too tired to figure out what was going on. I looked at the time. A little bit past 9. God knows what he could be up to at this ungodly hour of the morning.

I rolled over so I was on my back and immediately regretted it. The lights in the room were off, but the sun was so very bright through the windows. I covered my face with the corner of a blanket, praying that the sun would just... I don't know, disappear? I mulled over possible ways that the sun would just miraculously turn off. None of them happened.

Then Roman knocked on the door. I hadn't realized it was closed.

"Whaaaaat," I groaned. "Just let me sleep."

"I brought breakfast in bed."

"...Okay, fine, come in." I shoved the blanket off my face and sat up. Roman walked towards the bed with a huge tray (we own a tray like that, question mark?) full of breakfast items. Eggs, bacon, pancakes, the works.

"Did you cook this all yourself? I thought you wouldn't be able to," I said, taking the tray and setting it on my lap.

"I did indeed, and you better appreciate it, because I burnt myself on bacon grease more than once."

"So that's what all the cursing was about?"

"Which time? Wait, nevermind, the answer is probably yes anyway." I smiled and shook my head, getting a good look at all the food. That was way too much for one person.

"I'm not that hungry, we're gonna have to share."

"I was hoping you'd say that," he said, about to lay down next to me. He stood facing away from the bed as if he was going to flop down on it. I panicked.

"No no no, Princey, don't you dare, I'll spill all this-" he flopped down on the bed just as I held the tray up. Everything wobbled, especially the orange juice that I was particularly concerned about because it could stain the sheets and I just did laundry. But everything stayed upright, thankfully. I put the tray back down as Roman situated himself next to me.

"Remind me why I married you?" He grinned and pointed at the tray, as if to say 'this is something that I frequently do that you enjoy.' "As if," I scoffed. "You can't cook on the best of days and I'm still convinced this was made using black magic."

"You wound me," he said dramatically.

"So what's the occasion? I swear to god, if you're counting our anniversary by the month, I want a divorce." He gasped.

"How dare you accuse me of something so tacky! Can't I just do something nice for my husband once in a while?"

"Hmm, no," I said, cutting off a bite of pancake. "Either you have bad news or you want to ask me for something, because I know you."

"I'm offended," he said, taking a piece of bacon. I shook my head and went back to eating. I took a sip of orange juice and...

"Excuse me, mister, did you put champagne in my orange juice?"

"...Maybe."

"Now I definitely know you want something. Even though you don't put mimosas in a pint glass, it's really the mimosa that counts." I drank more of it. It wasn't exactly a good mimosa. Frankly, it didn't have nearly enough champagne in it. But hey, I'll take what I can get.

"I tried my best," he said defensively. We ate for a while in what we consider relative silence, which means that we only made fun of each other every few minutes.

"So, darling, I may have just come up with a favor to ask..."

"Oh, mhm, sure, you just came up with it," I said, taking a sip of my not-100%-orange juice. "What do you want?"

"Tonight, at a dark spot, there's a photography thing where we can go and look at the whole galaxy in the sky, wouldn't that be cool? We could sit under the stars together, it'll be nice!"

"Are you gonna be taking pictures the whole time?"

"I- not the entire time."

"Will I have to carry some of your stuff?"

"Only if you don't mind? Come on, Logan and Patton will be there too!"

"Logan's gonna be taking pictures too and Patton will probably be helping him," I said, a bit bitterly.

"Yeah, but when Patton's done helping you can sit around and complain about how your husbands both never stop taking pictures."

"Fine. How long is the drive to get there?"

"Three hours?" I groaned.

"Okay, on three conditions."

"Sure."

"One, we get to listen to whatever I want on the drive there."

"That's fair."

"Two, you're doing all the dishes, and three, you're getting me another mimosa," I said, handing him my empty glass.

"Of course," he said, kissing me on the forehead before going to get me another drink. Maybe he's an idiot and spends too much time looking for the right shot, but I love him anyway.

"And next time I say I'm hiding in bed all day," I called after him, "you're hiding here with me!"

Ok I'll keep in mind writing a sequel for this cause honestly? I had never thought of photographer!Roman until now and it's,,, a good concept? Deserves more love? Deserves certainly more than this piece of trash.

That awkward moment when you get distracted watching DWIT again and forget to publish haha oops

hEY EVERYONE GO BOTHER kelseymuick UNTIL SHE GETS A NORMAL GODDAMN SLEEP SCHEDULE AND I CAN TALK TO HER AT ANY TIME BEFORE 3 PM

K that's all I've got. Cheers, queers 💖💜💙 and remember to hydrate, don't die-drate