Math sucks. Help me?

I'M BACK EVERYONE
Ok I haven't really been gone much longer than usual but my horoscope app finally says I can be creative again because I couldn't for like a week and a half. Idk I blame midterms.
Aaaanyway I was going through my small pile of requests (like a mound of requests? Not a ton but enough that you could trip over it yknow) and I found one by DeanDeanna that didn't really have a plot, it was just "Virgil and Roman as Patton or Logan's parents" so I used an idea I had been working on for a while.

1700 something words. Exactly one swear word near the end (plus the one in the AN). And Patton is 👌insecure af👌 Basically just two dumb idiots pining over each other and Prinxiety being ridiculous parents.
Yes this is 100% an outlet for me to bitch about geometry shut up

Patton's POV

I looked from my textbook, to my paper, to my textbook, to my paper, and back to my textbook again. I had tried paying attention in class, I really had! But I still don't know how in the world you find the distance from a line to a point, or how you measure a perpendicular bisector, and god, don't get me started on writing proofs. I can't do any of this! Sure, I have all of this weekend to figure it out, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I picked up my textbook and nearly blank sheet of paper and walked downstairs. Maybe my dads can help.

"Hey, do either of you know how to write a proof?"

"Dear god no, I can't remember that. And Roman, you failed geometry in high school, right?" Dad scoffed.

"Don't remind me." He walked in from whatever other room he was in and joined Dad. Yes, I call them both Dad. Yes, it gets confusing. "Do you have any friends in the class that can help you?"

"No, I tried asking around. They understand about as much as I do."

"What about Logan? He's pretty smart, right?"

"Yeah, but he's doing trig this year! He's super smart, and if he sees that I'm having trouble with this, he'll think I'm dumb."

"First of all, you're saying this to the theater major who made it through high school on good looks and half a brain cell alone. Secondly, you absolutely are not dumb. Geometry sucks, and no one gets it right away. And thirdly, we've know Logan, he's very nice, and he would never judge you based on math ability."

"I guess."

"Call him to come over, then. He can stay the night, if he wants," Dad said, pulling out his phone.

"What are you doing," I asked. He shrugged, and I noticed one of the purple patches drooping off his sweater. He had to re-stitch that soon.

"I'm ordering pizza. Online, of course, so we don't have to have a conversation." He shuddered at the thought of talking to someone over the phone. I laughed a little before turning to go back to my room to get my phone.

"Alright, I'll text him. I'll be back down in a minute," I called as I walked up the stairs. I grabbed my phone off my bed and thought of what to say.

"Math sucks. Help me?" He started texting back right away.

"Should I come over?"

"If you don't mind." He didn't start typing, so I took that as a sign that he was already on his way. I looked over my room to make sure it was clean, then went back downstairs.

"He's on his way," I said.

"So's the pizza. Anyways, let's see if there's anything we can figure out here." We looked over my textbook for about twenty minutes. Nothing. No ideas. Useless, empty brains, all of us. At one point, Dad went on a whole rant about how geometry is useless, because he was a successful actor (for like 2 years) who never needed this "garbage."