Band Battle

A/N: so in this Virgil and Roman are drum majors of opposing teams. I'm basing this off of our band even though everyone's is different so comment if you have any questions. And they're both seniors btw. Enjoy!

Virgil's POV

"Listen up everyone! This is our last normal game of the season before playoffs, and we may not be the football team but we can sure as hell destroy that little paisley marching band. Are we ready to go?" Everyone in the band cheered.

"To the buses!" I yelled. We filtered out of the band room, excited. Those pretentious Princes didn't have a chance in hell. The band war was beginning.

We had a pretty small but very effective marching band, which meant we could be loud, but I also got really lucky that all of them are super Emo like me so we can listen to depressing music on the bus. I shoved my mace onto the storage truck and took my seat at the very back of the bus.

Once we were on our way, I started up the Emo Band Bus Playlist on my phone. First song? Basket Case by Green Day, which is an excellent hype song, I gotta admit. The chaperones have given up caring, so we all screamed the lyrics and had a good time. This could very well be my last game as drum major, who knows? Might as well enjoy myself.

Maybe an hour later, we pulled up to the disgustingly polished football stadium. They had metal bleachers that had been scrubbed clean so you could see your reflection in it, the field was fresh cut, I thought, but upon closer inspection, it was AstroTurf. I gagged. Our field was messy, but hell, it was authentic.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot from last year. They only have home side bleachers. Lovely. We took our seats towards one side of the bleachers as people prepared their instruments. I explained what we were doing for pregame and got everybody onto the field. We lined up and waited for our cue.

I figured it was time. I called everyone to attention, then blew my whistle for four beats straight, then blew it for four individual beats. Everyone marched in place, then I repeated my pattern and we started marching. We slowly formed a tunnel for the football players to run through. I don't understand why this is commonplace, but once we were all in position I instructed the band to start up our song as the football team sprinted by.

I angrily glared at the drum major of the other team. I remember him from last year. He may have been cute, but he seemed like a massive prick. I spent the rest of pregame being angry about his existence, then half payed attention for the rest of the game.

What the hell is wrong with me? I literally cannot stop staring at him. I barely directed the stands tunes, instead deciding to try my best to glare at what's-his-name that I don't remember right now. This really can't be good, this is advanced staring for hatred, even for you. I resigned myself to being pathetic and glanced at the clock. Well, time flies when you're not paying attention.

"Let's go! We're doing the show, let's get in formation!" The band filtered down onto the track around the field and then we stood at the ready to go on the field. We marched on and I got on the drum major stand.

"Drum major, is your band ready?" I heard in a loud voice from the press box. I did an about face and saluted. I kept my head up, but I could help noticing the other drum major smirking at me. Roman! That's his name. What the hell does he want? I turned around again.

"Band horns up!" I yelled and started conducting. The show ran itself, to be quite honest. We sounded good, we looked good, our minimal color guard was managing. I think we did pretty well. Soon enough, the show was finished. I got off the drum major stand and marched back into the field. We marched off and then took our seats back in the bleachers.