Day 8 - Bullies

Yes I 100% used this prompt as an excuse to write the "Roman is the one who is bullied and Virgil protects him" thing that @bubblescangame kind of requested like... a few months ago

We get it, I'm not good at writing requests in a timely fashion

Whatever have some borderline stalker!Virgil bc I was bored

Also Roman is a functional bi on the outside but his two brain cells are both disaster bis and lose their damn minds at one (1) cute guy who could probably kill him

Virgil's POV

I groaned quietly as I looked up at the clock for the millionth time that period. 15 minutes left, then I get to go home.

I sighed and looked up again to the front of the classroom. In the front middle seat sat Roman Prince, an openly bisexual theater kid. Everyone wanted to be him, to fuck him, or to kill him, and I was no different. Maybe I had a slight preference for option 2. Sue me, he's hot.

Of course, it's deeper than just a physical attraction. I've never interacted with him personally, but from everything I've heard, he's the nicest guy in the world, if a bit dramatic. Every time I hear him talk, I swoon just a little bit, and it's only furthered by the fact that I've never heard him talk down on someone.

It wasn't the first time I'd noticed him rubbing at the side of his face and grimacing. I had also noticed how he'd been limping ever so slightly and wincing when he stood up. Not enough to make everyone question, but just enough to raise some concerns from someone who 100% isn't stalking him.

Now, I may not be the smartest in the class, but I can piece together some common factors. He always seems to be hurt in some way but hides it. He walks around the entire school on the way to the cafeteria, as if to avoid someone. He never has the bi flag anywhere, and that's not a judgement thing, but he seems like the kind of person to put something with his pride flag on his backpack.

...Maybe I am stalking him.

But all those pieces add up, and their sum isn't pretty. I'm almost sure he's being bullied. Now that I think about it, I've seen him look cornered by a group of notoriously homophobic idiots in first period more than once.

I decided (against my better judgement) to at least follow him out of the school. If I see something happening, maybe I can film it and show it to the principal. Oh, who am I kidding, if I see someone hurting Roman, I know damn well I'm going to intervene before anything else.

The bell (finally!) rang. I swung my backpack over the shoulder and walked towards the door. I noticed, not for the first time, that everyone let me right through. As far as I've seen, for everyone else, leaving the classroom is like trying to get into a Best Buy on Black Friday. But everyone seems to give me space, which is nice, I guess.

I rolled my eyes as a couple walked slowly in the hallway, holding hands or whatever. I pushed past them. Some people have places to be, heteros.

I ducked into a mostly empty hallway to wait for Roman to pass me. I feel kind of weird following him, but it's to help him. Right?

He passed me, I let a few more people go by, then I started walking again. I waited around against the wall as he stopped at his locker. By this point, almost everyone was out of the building. So I followed from a safe distance as he made his way to the back of the school.

He ended up behind the theater in a small hallway that leads to the parking lot. No one ever comes back here except drama club and teachers that work in this hallway. What is he doing here now?

I peeked around the corner, noticing that Roman wasn't alone. The three homophobic assholes from first period were there.

(I'm not writing verbal homophobic abuse bc a) I can't, it'll be bad and b) it might be triggering for some ppl which would suck so we're just not gonna)