Day 2 - Wallow

(Haha oops I meant to publish it at 6 then I forgot my bad)

Hi this is absolute garbage. Like literal trash. But I think the grammar is okay which hopefully makes up for how bad this is. But also I am stressed about this week cause I have so much writing to do and also I have to make a flag routine for color guard. Y'all I'm stressed and also I have to read To Kill A Mockingbird at some point this summer for English and I'm not saying I'm already regretting this but sis I'm regretting it

But I'm no coward.

Third Person POV

Virgil shook the nail polish as Patton continued on about his problems.

"It's just so frustrating! I'm supposed to be emotional, and we all know I'm not a good liar, so how has he not figured out that I'm in love with him? It's gotta be so suffocatingly obvious!"

"It's really amazing that we both fell in love with dumbasses," Virgil said, starting to paint Patton's nails a light blue. "Like seriously, you'd think he'd say something! It was in no way discreet when I was checking him out back when we got the new outfits, and you keep saying he was checking me out too."

"He was! I think he likes you too, so at least you have hope."

"Look, I am 100% certain that Logan likes you too, except he's dumb and doesn't know it."

"Are you really sure," Patton said, switching his hands and blowing on his newly painted nails.

"Positive. Logan's just really dumb about emotions, but he'll figure it out eventually."

"If you say so," Patton said.

Their pity party was going fantastically. Nails were being painted, tea was being spilled, and Disney was on in the background, of course. There was mutual wallowing over their respective dumbasses. Both Sides were wrapped up in blankets and unwilling to stand except to grab more snacks. But they weren't the only ones still awake. The dumbasses in question, Logan and Roman, were right outside the door.

Roman had heard that Virgil and Patton were having a sleepover and decided it would be a great idea to eavesdrop. He thought it might be fun to hold what he heard over Virgil's head sometime, and felt no guilt until he realized what it was they were discussing.

"Do you think Roman will ever realise just how fucking dumb he is? Like in the nicest way possible. I am fucking in love with him, unfortunately, and he hasn't realized shit," Virgil said, not for the first time that night. However, Roman was still shocked. Logan wasn't, because he thought Virgil's affection was obvious and that Roman knew. No, Logan was far more surprised to hear what Patton was saying, apparently about him.

"Virgil is right, you are quite stupid," Logan said.

"You're not helping," Roman hissed. He took a deep breath to calm down. "I guess, now that I think about it, it's pretty obvious. I mean, Patton's been in love with you since day one, which I thought we all knew, but I guess not. Are we really just that dumb?"

"It appears so," Logan said sullenly.

"We really are dumbasses," Roman pouted.

"Well, you're the one who decided to eavesdrop."

"You're the one who can't see what's right in front of him! It's so glaringly obvious how much Patton has fallen for you and you've been wasting your time for so long! You could have had a boyfriend for so long now!"

"I could say the same about you and Virgil, couldn't I?" They both froze as they heard shuffling from in the room, then Virgil talking.

"Hey, I'm gonna get popcorn, want to come with?"