I guess I live for tumblr prompts now

Waddup I just spent twenty minutes looking through the romantic prompts tag on tumblr (which actually has a lot of sanders sides content) because I have no original ideas and I don't plan on getting any soon.

So yeah they could go to see a Disney movie but you know what works even better? Love Simon. tbh I'm probably not even gonna use most of the ideas here except for the first but you know what it's cool.

(It's been brought to my attention that I should mention that there's spoilers in this for Love Simon! Sorry, I hadn't thought about it before)

Roman's POV

Saturday afternoon. What better time to go see a movie because all of your one friends have plans?

I walked up to the ticket booth and looked up at the screens showing the movies playing. A Wrinkle In Time, Tomb Raider, Pacific Rim Uprising... (I looked up what movies were playing at that time appreciate me) I had almost set my mind on A Wrinkle In Time because it was made by Disney when my eyes came to rest on Love, Simon. I'd like to say that I had never heard of it before and that it was pure coincidence that I would pick it. No. I keep tabs on all the gay I can get my hands on. I'd been waiting for a while to see this, but I hadn't really realized that it was out now. However, I hadn't had the chance to read the book.

"One ticket for Love, Simon, please." I paid, then got in the line for popcorn and snacks. I hadn't had the foresight to buy snacks and smuggle them in, so I just had to deal with the hilariously high prices for small, half-filled boxes of candy and such.

As I waited in the short but slow-moving line for snacks, I looked back at the ticket booth. You could see through the window at the person buying tickets. I saw someone there, wearing a black and purple hoodie. Was that... Virgil? Yeah, that's him. We weren't particularly friends or anything, so much as acquaintances. He walked in and got in the snack line behind me.

"Oh, hello!" I couldn't think of much else to say. Virgil looked up from his phone. He turned it off quickly but I caught a glimpse of the blue background that meant that he was on tumblr.

"Oh, hey, Roman." He sort of trailed off, leaving us both in an awkward silence. Well, here goes nothing.

"So did you come here alone too?" Wait shit that sounded like a pickup line. Luckily, he laughed.

"I did, actually. And if that was a pickup line, it worked." I sort of froze, unable to form coherent thoughts that weren't swear words directed towards myself for being dumb and saying that part out loud. "I'm guessing you're watching Love, Simon, right?" I nodded. "Great. Let's sit together and we can both pretend that we have friends."

"I have-"

"Oh, don't get defensive. I know you're friends with Patton, and that must be it, because there's no one else here. I know that no one would miss the opportunity to go and see Love Simon and the only reason Patton isn't here is that he's out on a date with Logan. Am I right?" I sighed.