Robot!Virgil

Logan makes a robot named Virgil. Roman falls in love, mistaking it for a human. Virgil goes in the rain and goes haywire. Request by someone idk. Sorry I took so long and sorry for the update scare, Wattpad decided on that for me for some reason. >:(
And I edited this very quickly so I'm relying on grammarly for this to be ok

Logan's POV

"Final test of Project Melano," I said over the intercom.

"My name's Virgil!"

"When the testing is complete, I'll have no problem calling you by the name Patton gave you. Until then, you are Project Melano." I looked through my side of the one way mirror into the small room opposite. In it was one table, two chairs, and two people. Technically, one person and a highly complex robot with near sentience, but who's counting.

You see, Patton and I teamed up to build a robot. I developed the software and hardware, and Patton made it... well, human. He has a Masters in human psychology, so I figured it best to leave social programming to him. The end result was Project Melano, or Virgil, as he likes to be called. Patton gave him both of those names, saying that it would be funny to call him 'black' in Latin because he looked 'goth.' And Patton didn't really have a reason for the name Virgil. He just thought it was 'cool.'

I took notes as my dear husband Patton spouted whatever nonsense came to his head, and Virgil said nonsense right back. This was to test whether Virgil could respond to unusual and abstract comments. This absurd conversation led to both of them meowing at each other in different tones of voice until I signaled that the test was complete. Both left the room, and after Patton closed the door behind him, he turned to me to offer a high-five. I accepted.

"I now declare Virgil officially human, or at least as human as a robot can get," he said proudly.

"Motion seconded," I said, putting away my notepad.

"Do I get any sort of a say in this? It is my own life."

"Nah," Patton joked. "So what do you say? Think you're ready to handle the real world?"

"Bring it on," he said, nodding resolutely.

We invited Roman over. He has fairly unpredictable reactions, meaning that it will further test the software. Plus, he has no knowledge that Virgil isn't human, so if he figures it out, we know that things need to be adjusted. It's the perfect first step for exposing Virgil to reality.

The doorbell rang, and Patton answered it, inviting Roman in. I noticed his eyes widen as he saw Virgil. Had we missed something? Is it that obvious that he's a robot? Everything should be in place visually, and even if not, Virgil is programmed to adjust it himself, as if he is just pushing hair out of his face.

I whispered to Patton while Roman and Virgil made uncomfortable prolonged eye contact.

"Do you think he already knows?"

"Of course not. Roman finds him attractive, that's all." I nodded as Roman finally got back his grip on reality.

"Are you going to introduce me or what?" Roman said, and now that it had been pointed out, his infatuation seemed rather obvious. I can't believe I missed it. I suppose I've been spending too much time around robots.

"Oh. Roman, this is Virgil. Virgil, Roman. Virgil is... an old friend. He's staying with us for a little while."

"It's nice to meet you," Virgil said.

"Likewise." It was comical how precisely I could see the already dim lightbulb of common sense in his brain flickering out. "God, it must be tiring to be that pretty," he said, clearly attempting to be charming. I was quite excited to hear how Virgil would respond.