Chapter 30

Qin's POV

I was woken up by a kiss on the cheek. "Wake up sleepy head," Cindy said cheerfully. "We're going shopping." "For what?" I grumbled. "You need clothes silly," She said. "Now hurry up before I send Drake in to wake you up." She left and I could hear Alice laughing softly. I opened an eye and saw her leaning in the doorway, arms crossed. "He will come in here, not caring if you're naked," She said then left the room. I rolled over onto my back and stared up at the ceiling. What makes the goddess believe this will all work out? I was damaged beyond repair, how will we fit?

I threw off the covers and I had just pulled on my jeans when Drake came in. His eyes trailed over what was exposed of my body and I felt myself harden. I more built than the others but they all had me when it came to height. Even Alice was taller than me. Warlocks were naturally shorter than most so it was something I was used too. I put on my shirt and shoes and before I walked out of the room, Drake pulled me in for a hug. "I'm sorry Qin," He said then kissed my cheek. He took my hand and lead me down the stairs. Alice was now wearing sunglasses, covering her eyes from us. Pyrus seemed annoyed by them and I understood why. Nathaniel seemed distant as he typed quickly on his phone, which seemed to annoy Shelton. Cindy gave me a bright smile and we all left.

At the mall, Alice walked with her hands in her pockets, Pyrus had an arm wrapped around her waist, Cindy held one hand, while Drake held the other. Shelton was now texting on his phone. "It's okay," Cindy whispered to me. "Work has started up again for us and we all have a lot of catching up to do." I felt guilt hit me. They wouldn't have so much work if I wasn't released from the book. I felt a smack on my ass and I jumped. "Don't think those thoughts," Drake told me sternly. I felt my face become red as Cindy giggled. When we got to a clothing store, Shelton and Nathaniel put their phones away.

Cindy and Nathaniel then began to put clothes in my hands. "Why are you only giving him short sleeved things," Shelton asked Nathaniel. "So he doesn't cover his arms. I love the art he has on them," Nathaniel said boldly. My face felt it was on fire now. Shelton nodded with a smile, "I see your point." I was then shoved into a dressing room.

"I'm craving something spicy," I heard Cindy as I tried on some of the clothes that was picked out for me. "I'm right here baby, all you have to do is ask," Pyrus told her. She laughed, "Not in public." "Damn," Pyrus said with a snap of his finger. I rolled my eyes as I smiled softly. After purchasing the clothes I liked they dragged me to other places around the mall before we stopped to eat. "I thought warlocks were vegetarians," Nathaniel said before taking a bite of his burger. "We were until the curse. We were allergic to a vegetarian diet. Some are going back to the old ways, but I enjoy meat." I said. Pyrus threw his arm around my shoulders, "Plus a vegetarian diet won't let him keep up with all of us." Cindy raised an eyebrow, "I manage just fine." "Yeah, well you may have to stop being a vegetarian once we found out the species of the twins," Alice told her. Cindy sighed, "I know."

If she was having a dragon mix or a Fae mix, she would need the nutrients offered in meat. Plus with twins, the fat from meat will keep her full longer. "We can easily figure that out once we get back," I told them. Cindy's eyes lit up, "Really?" "He's going to do a natural separation spell," Alice explained. "You will take a bath for about an hour, then afterwards, he'll use the water you soaked in, in the spell. The colors it changes, will tell him the species." Cindy bounced happily in her seat, "That's so cool."

After we ate they dragged me to more stores before we finally went back to the house. "We'll need to do some more remodeling," Shelton said. "I'll get to work on the plans," Pyrus said with a smile. "Give our babies a proper place to spell instead of in the kitchen." I blushed at the inclusion and Nathaniel bumped me with his hip as he smiled. "Oh, can we have to ultimate spa like bathroom," Cindy asked excitedly. They all began to throw out suggestions while I sat on the bed and watched them. They had a flow to them that was calming. It was nice to see that despite the hell I put them through, they were still strong. After all of my things were put away everyone had to go do something in their offices to I changed into a pair of my new swimming trunks and went to the indoor pool. I walked onto the water with ease, before sitting crisscrossed on top of it to meditate.

Nathaniel's POV

I looked into the pool room and was surprised to see Qin meditating with ease on top of the water. "Nature magic is so cool," Alice said as she joined me. "Your magic is pretty cool too," I told her. She gave me a bright smile and we looked back at him. The tattoos on his arms were glowing until he opened his eyes. He gave us that charming boy next door smile that was easy going and calming to see. It was different than the bad boy smirk Pyrus wore, or the camera ready smile Shelton wears. It was also different than the child like smile Cindy has or the cool smile Drake gives. Alice's smile was genuine but guarded due to her past. And mine tend to be mostly in my eyes even if my mouth doesn't follow along. He was another piece that fit so well. The Goddess works in mysterious ways.

"If you weren't going to get wet, what was the point of wearing your swimming trunks," Alice asked as she went into the room. "In case I loose concentration and fall in," He told me. "What would make you loose concentration," I asked him with a smirk. His face became red and it was so damn sexy, "Well, I can name six people who could make me loose it." "Tell me something Qin, are you a virgin?" I asked. His eyes widened and his concentration vanished as he fell in with a splash. Alice and I laughed when he got to the surface.

He pushed his ginger hair out of his face as his cheeks continued to be red. I chuckled as I shook my head. So damn cute and innocent. He hauled himself out of the pool and pulled the water from his shorts and skin, throwing it back into the pool. "I see I missed a show," Pyrus said with a smirk as he came in. Cindy then came out holding a container Qin had given her for when she was done with her bath. "I'm gonna, uh, go do this," Qin said nervously as he took it and left.

"What did you do to him," Cindy asked with her hands on her hips and an eyebrow raised. "Asked him if he was a virgin. He fell in at the shock of it," Alice replied with a giggle. I was nice to hear her laugh now that the danger was behind us. Alice took Cindy's hand, "Come on."

We went into the kitchen where Drake and Shelton sat at the island while Qin worked on the spell. "If you don't stop, his skin will turn permanently red," Drake said with a chuckle. Alice gave him a teasing smirk, "We'll give you the honors of turning his skin red." We all chuckled as the blush covered his ears. He held a hand over the pot and his palm began to glow. He then made the water lift from the pot and it was a swirl of green and pink. "The twins are dragon, gypsy mixes." He declared and we were all happy.

"With the way the beast likes to knot, that's no surprise," Pyrus chuckled while squeezing Drake's shoulder affectionately. "Keep it up and I'll knot in you," Drake told him. Pyrus smirked, "Please do." Qin's blushed seemed to deepen in color as he began to clean up. Poor Qin, the fun has only begun.