The promise

Hermione was depressed. Or that's what Ginny said, she didn't eat, she didn't sleep, she didn't talk to anyone and Parvati had told Ginny she heard her crying at nights. She reminded people of a ghost.

" God we have to do something.." Harry sighed. " She's dying slowly" Harry and Ginnh sat in the Gryffindor common room and tried to study but Hermione was on their minds all the time.

" It's horrible" Ginny agreed. " Maybe it's better she...you know...just forget about him" Harry said. " Oh yeah? And how will we do that? " Ginny wondered.

Just then Ron walked in and sat down beside Harry. " Ron, did you say Lavender broked up with you?" Harry said.

" What are you thinking now?" Ginny said with a stern face. " Relax, I'm just checking" " Yeah why?" Ron answered. " Well, Hermione's a bit heart broken now because Draco told her to stay away from him"

" He what...?!" " Harry, what are you.....?"

" Quiet Ginny. Look, talk to Mione and be there for her. You might get together you know"

" She's goin to kill me, you know?" Ron said. " Really, she hates me. I can't make it worse than it already is between us"

" You can do it. Just go the library, and talk to her" Harry said encouraging.

" Right, I'll try. But if I'm not back within an hour, you know what you know what to do"

-------

Hermione sat and cried in the library with a book in her face. Sobbing and reading isn't really the best combination but she had to do something. " Uhm...hi Mione. What are you doing?" She turned around and met Ron's blue eyes. " What do you want?" She snorted and turned back to her book.

" I know you can't or won't forgive me, but I truly am sorry for my behavior. I wish I could fix it but it can't be undone" He sat down beside her.

" You know I can't forgive you Ron. What you said hurted me very much. Wether you were drunk or not. You hurted me"

Ron nodded and took her hand. " I know, I'm sorry. Hurting you is something I've been very good at. Unfortunately. " Hermione could see he wasn't lying. He really did mean what he said. Hermione put her book away and looked at her friend. Her eyes were worried.

" What....?" " There something I need to tell you. And you have to promise, really promise, you won't tell anyone. ONLY Harry and Ginny, okay?"

Ron nodded. " Promise"

Hermione took a deep breath and then said it.

" I'm pregnant"