Leaving

" Oh come on Blaise, I can't just ignore her!" Draco shouted at Blaise in their dorm. " If you want to protect her, you have to!" Blaise hissed. " You know what your family would think about this" " Please, don't remind me" Draco begged and sat down in his bed, he buried his face in his hands.

" You have to protect her" Blaise said. " You can only do that if you leave her" He sounded more calm now.

" I'm not leaving her" He said determind. " Never" " She can be tortured, Draco! You know very well what can happen if you drag her into this"

" Fine! I'll ignore her" Blaise sighed and gave him a sympathetic look.

" You know you have to do more than that"

-------

Draco sent a note to Hermione at a lesson when she sat beside Parvati Patil. The note read; " I have to see you later in the great hall. I need to talk with you"

Hermione turned around to look at Draco and she nodded.

When it was time for lunch Hermione sat with Ginny and Luna, then they saw Harry and Ron. Hermione ignored Ron as much as possible when he tried to talk with her. " Hermione it's cool Lavender broke up with me" Ron said.

" Well, I don't blame her"

" Hermione what is it?" Harry frowned. " I'm waiting for Draco, he wanted to talk with me" She looked around in the hall but she couldn't see him anywhere. " Maybe he ditched you" Ron mumbled.

" Can you just eat your bloody chicken and shut up?!" Ginny said angrily.

" I saw Blaise before" Luna said with her dreamy voice. " But now he's gone. Must be the nargles...."

No one commented her must-be-the-nargles-thing because they were used to it, and in some weird way, it fits her saying that. No one else can ever say it like her.

" Wait, Harry? Is that Katie Bell?" Harry turned around and saw Katie a few meters away and he nodded. " That's her" He stood up and walked over to her. Hermione could see them talking, and Katie just shooked her head. She didn't know who cursed her.

' It can't be Malfoy, could it? Yeah I saw him at the three broomsticks the same day but still....'

Then suddenly she saw Harry turning his head back to them, but he wasn't looking at them, he looked at the pale boy with grey eyes who stood at The Gryffindor table. He looked extremly nervous and walked out again.

Hermione saw Harry following and she didn't really know if she should too.

" What was that about?" Ginny wondered. Hermione just shooked her head. " No idea, but it can't be good"

-------

" I know what you did Malfoy!" Harry said loudly and Draco turned around when he saw Harry in the mirror.

" You cursed her" They stood in the boy's bathroom, Harry had seen the fear in Draco in the great hall and followed him. Harry could see the panic in his eyes. Suddenly Draco shot a spell at Harry but Harry moved away and shot one back.

After runing and shooting Harry finally yelled " Sectumsempra!" Draco fell down on the floor, the invisible sword had cut deep wounds in his skin and blood was everywhere.

" No I didn't" He cried.

For the first time ever, Harry felt remorse for hurting Draco like that. He didn't know what to do, he just stood there, almost paralyzed. Then he heard Draco whisper something to him. " Potter, come here" Harry walked slowly towards him and sat down beside him.

" Tell her....tell her to stay away from me from now on..." With that, Draco closed his eyes and Harry saw Snape step inside. He most have been taken aback, Harry had actually performed the Sectumsepra-spell.

------

Hermione ran into the Hospital Wing and saw Draco laying there. Ginny and Luna was behind her and saw what she saw. " Oh my...." Luna said quietly. " Did Harry do that?" Ginny said surprisingly.

Hermione didn't answer, she just kept going towards Dracos bed. His eyes were closed and he was in deep sleep. Hermione stroked his cheek gentle and took his hand.

" If you want me to stay away from you, I will. I'm sure you have a very good reason. I love you" She kissed his lips and she remembered the first time they made love. A night she would never forget.

They walked out and left Draco in his sleep, at least that's what they thought.

" I love you too Mione" He whispered.