i frowned. "how?"

"he told me that you loved the beach." david smiled, handing me my food.

"that's sweet." i said and took a bite from my burrito. "i mean, all of this, really sweet." i grinned after chewing.

david didn't say anything as he devoured his burrito. "that means a lot, really." he looked at me again. "like, i don't go out on dates very often," he started to explain to me, not giving a damn if his mouth was full or not while he talked. "after liza, i went out with like, one girl and it didn't work, and it has been a year, so..." i nodded.

"you should, i bet a lot of girls would love this." david chuckled and shook his head as i spoke.

"not planning on going out with anyone for now." he mumbled and i purposely bumped my shoulder with his. we finished our food, not talking until we were done, collecting our trash to throw it away later. "tell me martis," david started, taking a sip of his water. "when it's your birthday?"

"june 23." i rested my body weight on my hands, leaning back.

"really?" he raised his eyebrows. "we're literally one month apart from each other."

i smiled. "that's cool, but cancer and leo don't get along quite well." i joked and he rolled his eyes playfully. "what? you're too dominant and i'm too sensitive, it's a known fact."

"you're a dork, really." he giggled, shaking his head.

"you know dobrik," i said laying down on the blanket. "you shouldn't be insulting a girl on your first date with her."

david laid by my side, squinting his eyes because of the sunlight. it was a warm day, it wasn't too hot, but it wasn't too cold. "you're right, but i can insulte this girl, i kinda have the right to do it."

"the girl doesn't like to be called a dork by a dork." i played with the hem of my shirt.

"come on, she made me sing almost the entire harry styles's album with her, of course she's a dork." i hit his arm.

"it's not her fault if you knew the lyrics to all the songs!" i shot david a glare, failing to intimidate him because of the smile playing on my lips.

david hesitated before speaking. "okay, you won that one." he mumbled. "i gotta say, i was impressed hearing your voice, like, it's so beautiful, how did you hid it from me?"

i blushed and looked away from his caramel eyes. "i don't like to sing in front of people." i whispered.

"why?" i imagined him frowning. he rested his weight on his elbows so he could see my face. "literally, i could listen to your voice everyday, it's amazing."

i sighed and rotated to the side, hiding my face on the side of his body. "stop, i'm shy." i whined against his shirt, making him laugh. "it's embarrassing, i just can't sing in front of people, not even if they are behind me." i explained with my face still hidden. "i mean, i sing in front of my family, matt, matt's family and zac only, because they force me to do it." i finally pushed myself away from him, going back to my previous position.

david hummed and laid back down beside me. "you know you promised to play a song for me one day, right?" he looked at me to find me already staring at him.

"i already did at todd's house." i frowned.

"no, you played for todd, i asked if you could play for me, like, just me and you, you playing and singing..." he trailed off.

"you really want to hear me singing don't you?" i laughed seeing him nod frantically.

"without harry's voice in the back." david rolled his eyes mentioning his name.