Chapter 8 :"A reason to be hated"

I was sitting on my bed, thinking about why I'm here and what will happen to me. I decided to spend my time reading, so I went to the library.
Kate showed me the way when she gave me the tour, and it is actually just three doors away from my room.
As I entered the library, I searched around for books that could help me feel less bored.
As I looked around, an ancient looking book caught my eye, it was brown with some strange symbols on it.
After I looked at the symbols for a bit, they started to change and morph into actual letters.
I rubbed my eyes, thinking I was tired and started hallucinating, but apparently it really happened.
"Prophecy of the gifted ones" I read out loud the title of the book.
I made my way towards my room, hoping that the others weren't there.
As I saw that it was empty, I sat on my bed and started to read.
Most of the book had normal letters, and it said the thing Slender told me already, but then, on the last page, I saw the strange symbols again.
They morphed and revealed a secret text, I read out loud: "There is only one problem. Zalgo can be defeated yes, but to be sealed he needs a vessel, a cage. The other gifted children, if there's more then one, will have to choose one sacrifice and give them their powers. The sacrifice will then be stabbed and let slowly die, giving them the time to cast a protection spell on their body.
It will seal Zalgo inside of the vessel, and will prevent the body from rotting. The body will in fact age like a living person and when it dies, Zalgo will be free again. The younger the body, the longer the wait. Usually 1 year for the normal humans is 50 years for the vessel.
By the time the body dies, new gifted ones will be born, making it an infinite cycle. Zalgo cannot be defeated COMPLETELY, at least the way to defeat him are still unknown.
The spell to cast is this: Animus restorum, demonae sconfictus. Confinum totalus corpum infinitae".
I was shocked I could even read that.
'Did Slender keep it a secret from me? Why? Or maybe he didn't even know? I need to ask him'  I though as I made my way towards the exit, book in hand.

I was sneaking around the whole time, until I heard a voice
"(F/n), Jeff wants to see you" I yelped and turned around.
"Oh, Hi Masky. Alright, I'll go visit him" he tch-ed and turned around
'Damn they really hate me, but I think it's better like this'
I stopped when I reached the "Hospital" room and knocked on the door.
"Come in" said Nurse Ann from the other side.
I entered and saw Jeff looking at me.
"I'll leave you two alone" said Ann before exiting the room.
"Hey (f/n), you didn't tell anyone that I asked you to fight me with all you had?" He asked.
"No" "Why? They really hate you now apparently" he said, confused.
"It's better like this. You should hate me too" "What do you mean?"
I sighed. "I have to go Jeff, get better soon" I hugged him and left.
"Thanks for the time Nurse Ann. Jeff is all yours" I said smiling and making my way towards Slender's office.
I wasn't sneaking anymore, I had a plan in mind.
I didn't encounter anyone, I knocked on Slendy's door and entered without even waiting for him to say so.
"(F/n), what is it? And could you explain what happened with Jeff?" He asked as I sat down.
"He asked me to use my powers, he wanted me to fight with all I had and said he wouldn't get hit. He wanted me to show him what I had to give, my full potential.
As I used my knife and activated my powers, I landed a hit on him and the electricity transferred to his body, nearly killing him. Thanks to Liu snapping me out of my thoughts I released the electricity from his body. But that is not why I'm here. Could you tell me what's written on this?" I showed him the book.
"Child, I can't read it. To me they are only symbols" he said.
"I can read it. It says 'Prophecy of the gifted ones'. You know what it talks about, right?" "Yes, I do"
"Well, there is a page written with these strange letter that, apparently, only the gifted ones can read".
I read the page to him, and what he said next deeply moved me.
" I will not let you die. We could use your brother. I will not allow you to sacrifice yourself" he said, now behind me, resting his hand on my shoulder.
I sighed. "We will see Slendy, we will see".
I was going out the room, but Slender stopped me.
"Wait a moment, did you tell the others what you told me?" I shook my head. "I don't plan to tell them, I prefer if they hate me so if I have to sacrifice myself, they would be happy"
I said, now my hand was resting on the handle.
"Please don't tell anyone what I told you. I trust you Slendy, please" He nodded and I exited the room.
I made my way to the living room.
Jeff was now up, resting on the couch.
He looked at me and I smiled.
"Hey (f/n), explain what you meant before. Why don't you want to tell then th-" I put my hand on his mouth.
"Don't. Say. Anything! I appreciate that you want to clear the situation, but really, don't!" In that moment, Hoodie and Jane entered the room. When they saw the position I was in, Hoodie sprinted and took me, keeping me in place while Jane just started to tell me to kill him for good.
'They misunderstood... Good' I thought, but Jeff told Hoodie that everything was fine, she was just keeping his mouth shut because he wanted to spill her secret.
Hoodie released me and Jane sighed.
"Guess we misunderstood, man I wanted (f/n) to kill him".
"Same goes for you, bitch. (F/n), why don't you kill Jane?" Jeff asked me, now dragging me towards his room.
"We need to talk" he said, shoving me in his room and locking the door.
"Jeff, what the fuck? We don't need to talk at all". I said, trying to sound mean and cold.
He laughed manically and took his knife, cutting my arm.
" YOU OWN ME AN EXPLANATION, YOU NEARLY KILLED ME, REMEMBER?! " He yelled and my face from angry went to scared.
"....Sorry and OK, I will explain"

~~Time skip brought to you by Offenderman tripping Trenderman~~

"And that is why I want everyone to hate me" I finished explaining like I did with Slender, Jeff was silent all the time.
"So you're saying that...you will die?" He asked.
"Yeah" I said calmly.
"HOW CAN YOU STAY THIS CALM WHEN YOU KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO DIE?!" He yelled again, now angry and....sad?
"Jeff, keep it down. I'm scared to die, really. But there is nothing else I can do" "Sacrifice your brother! No one cares about him, no one even knows him" that caught me off guard.
"But I know him and I care about him, so I WILL NOT sacrifice MY brother, got it?" I said, standing up from the bed that we were seated on.
"Now Jeff, promise you won't tell anyone about what I told you" I made my way towards the door.
"Alright, just...Promise you'll search for a way to survive". He said, standing up from the bed and wrapping his arms around me.
"No one wants you dead"
I nodded, freed myself from the hug and went to my room.
Before entering, I decided to check if my personal room's door was repaired and, apparently it was.
I went to my current room, I entered and saw Toby and Masky inside.
Masky was reading while Toby was sleeping.
I packed my things, the stuffed animal and the painting and without a word I took everything in my beloved room.
I set everything down and closed the door, now enjoying my personal space.
Little did I know that throughout all  of my talk with Jeff, someone was listening.
That someone is now deep in thought.

??? P.O.V.

I knocked on Slenderman's door and entered. I told him what I heard and he said he already knew. He also explained about Jeff's incident, but asked me to keep everything a secret.
I nodded.
'(F/n), can't believe we all judged you so badly, and I can't believe that you're willing on being hated, staying alone even if you hate it. I'll have to search for a way for you and your brother to survive...Maybe the library's good. You made me fall for you, (f/n), you made me fall really hard' he thought, entering his room and disappearing behind the door.
______________________________________

Oooh shitz, this person now KNOWS everything! Make a guess, who is he?
We will see in the next chapter!
Bu-bye!

~Angel