Chapter 5: "Getting to know them better"

After I finished to unpack my things, I went out of the room and started to walk around. I stopped at one of the doors that looked quite familiar.
There was a kidney-shaped wooden block with "Eyeless Jack" written on it. I knocked on the door.
After a bit I heard a "Come in" and I entered the room: "Hey EJ, how are you?" I asked as I sat down on the side of the bed where EJ was resting, mask on.
"Oh hey (F/n), didn't know you would appear" he said turning his head to me. "Anyways I'm fine, just a bit tired"
He answered. "What about you?"
"Well, I'm OK I guess. Kinda mad at Jeff for destroying my door but he is a jerk, so I'm not surprised." I giggled and EJ giggled too.
"Jack, why do you wear a mask?" He froze. "Why do you want to know? It's none of your business" he answered calmly, but I could still feel annoyance in his voice.
"Just curious. You know I don't get scared easily and Jeff is freaky himself, so if it's because of that you don't have to hide." I answered, hoping to convince him.
"Maybe some day you'll see my face, but until that day don't press too much on the argument, OK?"
"Y-yeah, OK! You have a really deep voice you know? It's relaxing" I tried to change the subject.
"Thanks, I guess. Your voice is annoying" he laughed and I hit him on the head.
"Well, at least I can sing well, you meanie" I said, quite mad.
"Oh yeah? Then what about showing all of us tonight? I'll ask Slender if we can do some kind of Karaoke night and I will be the judge"
"NO! I'll sing now OK?" I said, blushing a deep red. I didn't like being in the center of the attention.
"Alright! What are you going to sing?"
"Mmmh...Secret Garden, flowerfell version!"
"Never heard of that but yeah, go on"

"He said
"Oh Mary contrary how does your garden grow? Come with me and you'll be the seventh maid in a row".
My answer was laughter, soft as I lowered my head
"You're too late, I'm afraid this flower's already dead"

Resetting as I was with blossoms in full bloom. Never a chance to pause with magic to consume.
A shadow walked behind me offering his hand and couldn't understand.

He said:
"Oh Mary contrary how does your garden grow? Come with me and you'll be the seventh maid in a row."
My answer was laughter, soft as I lowered my head.
"You're too late, I'm afraid this flower's already dead."