Faltering Will (Re-Published) [Part 4]

Max's POV

With a few words, I felt my world slow down. Every cell in my body couldn't move. I felt like everything was crashing down. My vision cracked like glass and shattered. My hearing was replaced with a low hum. I felt nothing.

Then I felt everything.

"I know this is a lot to take in Max," Ross said to me looking embarrassed. You fucking think? I tried to hide my shock from Ross but it wasn't effective. "Are you okay Max?" Ross asked me. Yeah sure I'm great I'm just standing here speechless, but I'm fine. I felt multiple eyes on me. Shit, I haven't said and I've been quiet too long.

I quickly tried to regain my composure and cleared my throat. "Yeah, I'm good Ross just never took you for someone who liked guys," I stated. I heard someone choke on something to left and then Adam started to laugh. This lead to Ross and everyone else in the vicinity to laugh as well.

"Yeah I guess it is kind of different than when we were kids huh Max," Ross said through his laughter. Yeah pretty different.

I walked toward him and gave him a small side hug. "Yeah but as long as you are the same old Ross we won't have a problem," I told him and ruffled his hair.

"Wait do you two know each other?" Adam asked us.

"Yeah we were childhood friends, but then Ross moved and I haven't seen him in like six years," I said answering Adam's question.

"Has it really been that long?" Ross asked me looking appalled. I nodded in agreement.

Adam whistled in amazement. "I guess that means we should have some sort of reunion party then shouldn't we?" Adam asked. Ross gasped and looked at me.

"That would be amazing. Right, Max?" Ross asked me looking like an excited puppy. I smiled at him remembering his excited face even when we were kids. Still the same old Ross I guess.

"Sounds fun, but you and Adam are the only people I know here in Washington. So this party might be a bit small," I said rubbing the back of my neck.

Adam laughed in agreement. "I think it might be best if it was just the three of us anyway. That way you don't get too overwhelmed with your first visit to Washington," Adam said.

"Yeah that might be for the better," Ross agreed. "Do you think we can do it tonight Adam?" Ross asked.

"Depends on what you mean by do it, Ross," Adam said with a seductive smile. He slapped Ross on the butt.

Ross jumped and punched Adam in the shoulder "Shut up you know what I mean." I shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot as Adam and Ross continued their relationship debacle. I am such a third wheel in this situation.

"Ross don't you think it might be a little early to plan something like this. We should at least give Adam some time to prepare," I said. Their heads turned to me fully realizing that I was still there in front of them.

"Well I guess, but I really want it to be tonight," Ross said with an audible pout. His eyes seemed to water up a bit and then he turned to Adam. Adam stared right into Ross' eyes and I could see his will crumbling.

Adam's POV

"I guess but I really want it to be tonight," Ross said. His lips forming a sad frown. He turned to me and I could see the tears forming in his eyes. He almost looked like he wanted to cry. Does Max really mean this much to him? I sighed internally This is going to be a long day.