Forecast [Ch 1] (Re-published)

Ross' POV

A shining knight in bright white armor stood up the mountain of bodies beneath him. He dropped the sword at his side and reached up to take off his bloodstained helmet. He took his helmet and his short dark brown hair was revealed to beneath the helmet. He raised his helmet in victory and shouted "Beep Beep Beep!"

What? The knight opened his mouth and the same beeping noise continued. The scene faded to black and my eyes opened into the unforgiving time of the morning. I groaned and reached out from under my covers to shut off my alarm clock.

I looked to the side of my bed and saw sunlight streaming into the dimly lit room. Some blackout curtains those were. A sudden banging on my door really woke me up this time. "Ross come on you need to get up and eat something," My roommate Tim shouted from the other side of the door.

"Alright, Tim I'll be out in a minute," I shouted back. I heard his footsteps walk away and sighed, sinking back into my bed. Come on Ross you know what happens if you stay here a few seconds will turn into a few minutes. I breathed heavily and sat up in my bed.

"Now where are my pants?" I asked myself aloud. I stood up and my foot collided with the heavy denim that was my jeans. I grabbed them and yanked them on. I found my glasses on my dresser and walked out the door putting them on.

I wandered through the hallway and past Tim in the living room on the phone. We locked eyes and I held up my middle finger straight at him. He smirked and blew a fake kiss towards me. I dodged it and he returned to his phone call.

When I finally made it to the kitchen I already saw a bowl and a box of cereal on the table. I grab the box and pour the cereal. I sit down and Tim enters the room phone in hand. I open my mouth but he cuts me off before I can speak.

"Before you say anything I was talking to Adam," he said. I continue to chew my breakfast and listen as he talks to me. "I can't tell you exactly what he was talking to me about, but there's going to be a surprise for everyone in the office today," he said.

I wonder what kind of surprise he's talking about. "Hey, Tim when are we finally get that roommate you keep talking about wanting," I ask him. For the past few weeks, Tim has been talking about getting a roommate to help lower the both me and him have to pay.

"Well Ross that may not have to be a problem soon," Tim replies starting his own bowl of cereal. My eyes perk up and he puts the cereal back on the table. "Who's the new roommate," I ask. He grins and eats his cereal without saying anything.

I roll my eyes and finish my cereal. "You'll meet him later today don't worry," Tim says. I shrug and walk into the shared bathroom in the apartment. "Well whoever they are I gonna go take a shower," I tell Tim. I enter the bathroom and look into the mirror. Ugh, my hair is a mess I think trying to straighten out the knots in my hair.

"ROSS come on we're going to be late!" Tim shouts from the apartment. "I'll be out in a minute Tim. My hair is a mess," I shout back. I can imagine Tim rolling his eyes and walking out to the car. I think I got it. I finally tamed the mess that was my hair until I see a curl sticking out on the side of my head.

I groan and just run out of the bathroom. I grab my jacket that was sitting on the couch and run out the door. The chilling air that blasted from the outside made me step back a bit, but I regained my senses and leaped down the stairs. When I got to the car I unlocked the passenger side door and climbed in.

"About time you got out of there," Tim said. I flipped him off and buckled my seat belt strapping me to my seat. Tim didn't move "Are you gonna drive or not?" He blinked a few times and put his car in reverse driving out of the parking lot. "Sorry dazed off for a second," He said apologizing. I shrugged and we continued to drive to the office in silence.

When we got to the office I saw Adam in the doorway waving at us. I waved back and he turned around walking back into the offices. After about 5 minutes Tim finally found a spot to park in. I get out of the car and walk to the front door of the offices. When I get to the walkway a black shape flies above me and I take a step back. I look to the sky and two crows flew from a corner nest.

I guess I scared them out of their home. I open the front door and the office expands into multiple hallways. I walk through the one on my left and a large space surrounded by multiple smaller glass offices is at the end of the hallway.

I make my way to Adam's office on the far right and knock on the soundproof door. He looks up from his computer and smiles at me waving at me to come in. I open the door with a small creak and Adam gets up from his chair.

He strides over to me and wraps me in his arms planting a kiss on my forehead. "Hey babe, how was your morning?" I smile at him and motions for me to sit down on the stool next to his office chair. "I'm good had to rush over to get here on time though," I tell him.

He laughs and folds his arms over his chest "Have you and Tim found a roommate yet?" I tilt my head to the side confused and he smiles. "Not yet but Tim says we may not have to deal with that problem anymore," I say to him.

"Yep I have a roommate for you guys," Adam tells me. I shoot up from the stool and look directly into Adam's eyes "Are you screwing with me?" He laughs and shakes his head. I shout out loud and throw myself into a hug.

"You're welcome. If I knew I could get this much affection from you I would have gotten a roommate for you earlier," He said with a smile. I look at his face and see his eye shining with pride. "So who's my new roommate babe?" I ask him.

"He's a friend who leaves in the east. I offered him a position here at the offices and the promises of a place to stay," He told me rubbing my shoulders. I can't stop smiling thinking about what Adam did for Tim and I. He did this for me.

"Thank you, Adam, is there anything I can do for you?" I ask him. He shoos me off of him and stands up grabbing his keys from the desk. "Actually his plane is landing in an hour and I need someone to pick him up, 'He says jingling the keys.

I snatch the keys from his hand "Of course I'll go to get him from the airport." Adam hugs me again and this time his hand on my chin pulls me up and kisses me on the lips. "I love you," He whispers to me. I kiss him back "I love you too."

I pull away from the kiss and open the door to the rest of the offices "I'll be back soon Adam."

"Stay safe out there," He says.

I leave his offices and run out the front door. I open the front door and the same two crows are in the doorway. I guess I didn't scare them after all. I get to Adam's car and start the drive to the airport.