six

"what are you saying?" zac asked with his eyebrows frowned. i just shrugged, not wanting to respond. he already knew the answer. "so you lied to me?"

"i did not lie to you." i turned around on my heels. "i just said david wasn't my type, which it was true."

"okay, zac, you're overreacting." matt said, laughing a little. "it's just a date, it's not like she's getting married to the guy."

"she said she wasn't looking for a boyfriend just because i suggested, now she's going out with some random dude, i feel betrayed!" zac exclaimed. i knew he was kidding, but i couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"what do you guys think of this one?" i put one of my dresses in front of the pajamas i was currently wearing.

"i didn't like the color." zac said and returned to frown his brows.

i looked at matt. "yeah, maybe if it was another color it would be nicer." he said and i nodded.

after a few more minutes trying to choose one dress, we finally agreed on a blue one. i went to my bathroom to quickly change, putting the dress on and my dirty clothes inside the washer that stayed inside my bathroom, next to the sink. i returned to my bedroom, finding my two best friends talking. i looked at myself in the mirror, brushing my hair and putting on my earrings. "put on this black cardigan, i think it will look nice and comfy." zac said and handed me the cardigan.

i smiled at him and put it on. when i was finally ready, i took care of salem, checking if she had enough water and food, and looked at my two friends. "so..." i trailed, looking at my phone. "leave!" i pointed to the front door when caleb texted saying he was here. "now, go!"

i pushed the two of them to the front door after grabbing my things so we could leave together. i locked my door and we used the stairs to get to the main floor, exiting my building. "call me if you feel in dangerous." zac said putting his hands on my shoulders. i could see caleb staring at us and i felt embarrassed.

"yeah, don't forget to text us when you get there." matt also stood in front of me.

i felt like they were both my parents and i was leaving for some party. "guys, don't worry," i rolled my eyes. "it will be fine."

"we know, we just care about you." zac pouted.

i smiled and matt leaned in to kiss my forehead. "and we don't know that guy."

i groaned. "this is getting weird, i should go." i stepped away from them when i saw zac was about to give me a bear hug. "bye babies! i love you!"

when i was almost entering the car, i heard them yell from matt's car: "we love you too!"

"okay, sorry about that." it was the first thing i said when i entered caleb's car. "hi." i gave him a warm smile.

"don't worry." he chuckled. "who are they?"

"my best friends, i called them earlier but they happened to stay a little longer than i thought." i explained while he turned on the car. "so... where are we going?" i asked.

"my house." i almost chocked on my on saliva, but held myself quickly. "i thought about cooking for you tonight."

"oh," i simply replied, my smiling growing wider. "that's really sweet of you."

caleb gave me a quick glance. "you look very pretty today." he smiled. "i mean, you're always pretty, obviously." i could sense his nervousness.

"thank you." i blushed and we stayed in silence until we arrived. the building was huge and fancy. of course he had money and lived in a nice place. his parent's house was bigger than this building and the other next to it combined together. we used the elevator and when the doors opened for the 12th floor, there was only a single door, which i assumed that led to his apartment. he grabbed his keys from his pocket and opened it, revealing the nicest apartment i've ever seen.

i didn't show him how shocked i was and kept my plain face as we stepped in. "come on, let's go to the kitchen." caleb hesitated a bit before grabbing my cold hand with his warm one.

"what are you making?" i decided to ask as he went to the other side of the counter to start cooking.

he grabbed some ingredients from the fridge. "smoked salmon with a lemon risotto." caleb smiled and i raised my eyebrows.

"fancy." i said sitting down on the stool. "so caleb," i started after a while. he was chopping a lot of things, showing that he really knew what he was doing. "tell me more about yourself." i tried to make conversation.

"what do you want to know?" he asked back, now starting to cook the rice.

"how old are you?"

"just turned 25." i widened my eyes. i was waiting for him to be my age or something. it wasn't a huge gap — matt was even older than him, but still.

"wow, you look younger." i answered truthfully.

he chuckled, shaking his head. "what about you?" caleb stared at me with his intimidating eyes.

"22." i shrugged. "what do you do?"

"i went to law school, now i work with my dad." he bit his bottom lip as he was cutting the salmon in small pieces.

"that's really cool." i nodded. we continued sharing informations about ourselves, just getting to know each other for a few more minutes.

"hey, sit more closer, you look distant from there." he smiled and patted the counter next to where he was just cutting some of the ingredients. i stood up, stepping closer to him. i almost squealed when his hands went to my hips, pushing me up to help me sit down on the counter. "now that's better." caleb smiled and i did the same. "this may sound weird, but i've seen you in some of david dobrik's video." i laughed. "you guys are friends?"

"we are, i mean, he was a friend of my best friend, so now we hang out, quite a lot actually." caleb chuckled once again. "so yeah, he's nice."

"sorry to bring that up, i look like a weirdo right now." he face palmed himself.

i put my hand on his wrist so he could put it down. "don't worry," i smiled. "you're not the first one to ask." i lied so he could feel better. i didn't even notice that my hand slid and now caleb was holding it, intertwining our fingers. i brought him closer to me, slightly pushing him so he could stand between my legs. "hi." i whispered when he was more closer to me, our lips almost touching.

he hummed while his free hand found its way to my waist. i leaned in, my lips founding his into a warm kiss. it wasn't perfect, but it was good so i let it happen for a little longer. i rested my hands on his neck, letting go of his grip so i could bring him more closer, deepening the kiss. "the rice." caleb mumbled between my lips. i smiled and pushed him away, laughing.

he pouted. "go look before it burns." i rushed him and so he did.

he opened the pan and looked inside it. "just a few more minutes." he explained and closed it before stepping closer to me. "where were we?" i didn't have time to answer when he put his hand behind my neck, pushing me into another kiss.

after our make out session, he finished cooking and i helped him put the dishes on the table outside on his balcony. the view was amazing and i held myself really bad, because i wanted to take a picture of it. the city was amazing from the top and i just wanted to remember it forever. i was leaning against the railing when i felt two gigantic hands wrapping around my hips from behind. "shall we eat?" he asked, leaving one kiss behind my ear.

"we shall." i turned around on my heels to give him a quick peck. we sat down in front of each other and started to eat. "wow, this is really good, oh my god." i said with my mouth full, putting one hand in front of my lips.

i saw the way his cheeks turned a little red when i spoke. "thank you, i appreciate it."

so we talked for the rest of the night, drinking some wine he opened for us, laughing while he told me some of his life stories. i wasn't very proud of what happened later, when i decided to sleep with him at the same night from our first date and crashed at his place after. like his kiss, he wasn't perfect on bed, but he was good.

i rested my head on his comfortable pillow, with his hand around my hips, thinking about how david's lips would be like. if they would be just good or perfect.