Chapter Fifty Four

Start from the beginning

"Because I'd lie about something like that." I retorted, rolling my eyes. "What did he tell you he was expelled for?"

"Fighting."

I chuckled, shaking my head at the excuse. "I guess that would make sense with the hit on the head he received from me."

"Yes, he said you punched him after he said some words you took the wrong way."

"Words I took the wrong way? No, I hit him over the head with a plank of wood as he continued to try and rape his stepsister after I kindly told him to stop. I warned him clear as day. And why wouldn't I be expelled then, instead of him?"

He sucked in a breath of surprise at this information. His mouth opened and closed a few times before and words came out.

"Britney!?" was all he spluttered.

"Yes."

I thought I'd finally got through him, by telling the truth. Acting more confident than I felt actually worked!

"STOP LYING!" he screamed, causing my mum to whimper. I jumped at his outburst. Okay, so maybe not. My breath was coming out short and fast as I stared at her. He was obviously on thin ice and unfortunately my mum would be the one to feel his 'wrath'.

"Why don't you ring Principle Harlon and ask him yourself?" I asked, trying to calm him down. I shrugged. "You'll either find out what you want to hear or not."

He didn't have a reply for that. We stood there, death staring each other for a few moments, before I could hear sirens. He whipped his head to the sound. I rolled my lips into my mouth and felt a sense of relief fill me.

"You called the cops?"

"You've been watching my every move. How on earth would I have had the chance to do that?" I asked him like he was stupid. I shook my head at him. He really did have many brains, did he?

He looked conflicted on what his next move should be. Before he got the chance to decide, the front door opened and I gasped at what I saw.

"Drop. Her. Now." my Dad's voice bellowed.

Daniel's father slowly turned around and saw Dad's shotgun aimed right at him. He looked furious that Dad would dare to do such a thing. Dad twitched and took off the safety switch. Daniel's father slowly let go of Mum. Rachel took her chance to sprint up the porch and hide behind Dad. Oh sweet, leave me here, why don't you.

"You will leave my family alone. Got it? I know where you live. I know how to track you down if you run. If I hear you harassing one more of my family, I swear to God, I will hunt you down and personally kill you myself."

My jaw was practically touching the floor now. The anger in my Dad's eyes almost had me cringing. I couldn't believe it was him. His threat was actually scary. With wide eyes, I looked at Daniel's Dad who just stared back. He looked over his shoulder. He glanced back at me and we held each other's stares for a couple of moments.

"Touch her, I'll shoot." Dad deadpanned. Yet again, I gaped at him. Holy fudge cakes. I never knew he could be so intimidating.

In one fluid movement, he took off down the hill and into the slightly foresty area that surrounded the bottom of our hill. Dad spun on his heel and took off inside the house, obviously to hide the gun. I was so shocked, I couldn't make my feet move quite yet.

Blue and red filled my vision and I saw a police car slowly wind up my hill. They parked and three officers leaped out of the car, guns in hands. They began scouting the area and I was completely frozen to the spot.