Chapter 62 - How the story ended

HEY! IT'S ME AGAIN!

So the epilogue turned out to be way too long. So here is a chapter and then an epilogue later lol xD

I am so sorry I keep doing this smh, I need someone to manage my chapters for me because apparently I suck!

Anyway, enjoy, it's pretty long!

Oh, before you start *sprays Holy water on all of you* *winks*

**********

"We must accept the end of something in order to begin to build something new."

**********

Cara's POV

Love is a pretty powerful drug. When you feel it, you really feel it.

It can suspend time, making the whole world seem still except for you two.

My mother once told me that there's a vast difference between love and true love. I never understood it, not until now.

True love knows no depth. It's an endless tunnel that sweeps you up in the whirlwind and you're never quite free from it. It stays with you and it gets you addicted like nothing else. There is no breaking free after, no moving on.

True love isn't ordinary. It doesn't come around often and that's how you'll know it's genuine.

I thought I knew what love is when I first met Alex, when he took my hand in his and I fell into his arms, like I was always waiting for it. It felt like a fairy tale at the moment, it was magical..in a way.

We had our ups and downs back then, but it was simple. We were just two lost people, learning how to fall in love. It was new for us, to open up and let our guard down, we weren't used to it but soon enough, we decided to let go and...we fell, it wasn't slow, no, we fell hard.

He drew memories in my head, I couldn't ever erase. He painted colors in my heart, that nothing would ever replace. No matter how much this heart broke, those colors never faded away.

That's when I realized, it wasn't just any love. After everything, after all the dreams that got shuttered, the hearts that got crushed, the surprises that we weren't prepared for, the secrets that came out, the wounds that opened up and the scars that started to show...after all the deaths, after splitting apart, after changing, after hating the person we've became...after all that, we are still here. Together. We fought our way out of hell and we are still...together.

We're a mess, he and I, we both know that, but for now we'll just be together, and we'll figure out the details later.

It's going to be a tough ride, but I think now...we are ready for it.

Our story was no longer a fairy tale, but I still loved every bit of it, because it included him, because it's ours, his and mine only.

I pulled into a deep breath and slipped into the heavy night air.

Dark, angry clouds gathered where they built high in the heated sky. Strikes of lightening illuminated the heavens in quick flashes, and the thunder rolled at a distance.

I hugged myself, blocking the stormy wind that blew in.

They said the storm has finally reached an end. They said today is its last day. I wanted to laugh at the irony here.