Chapter 45 - Water is thicker than blood

I know I haven't updated in like a year or something of that sort.

But like I said before, I had exams, then after my exams, I took a one week leap and sailed around, I went to other cities and tried to blow off some steam and breath some fresh air and escape reality for a while.

Now I am back...Well, Kind of.

By the way; If you haven't watched "La Casa de Papel" yet, THEN YOU MUST, the song above is from it. IT'S ONE OF MY FAV SHOWS NOW.

Also, I haven't written in a long time so I feel like I lost my touch in here, so bear with me, please :)

************

Alex's POV

Cold wind rushed and tangled in my hair, it hit my skin and chills raced through, going deep down till they reached that wild muscle beating at my chest, they engulfed it from all sides, wrapping it in a cold blanket, trying to clog the veins from pumping all that blood, trying to numb it from feeling everything so deep.

Silently, I stood by the car's door, waiting for my breathing to even, waiting for that fog wrapping around my brain to fade away. I just needed it to stop because I can't make sense of all these feelings brimming at my chest, I just can't...I never was able to. I can't deal with this pain, because it's much more than anything I ever felt.

It's intense.

It's physical.

I can feel every cell in my body resisting through it, trying to fight before it loses control and just collapses. I fisted my hand, doing my best not to lose my shit, trying to keep from coming unglued right here in the middle of the day.

I let one feeling take over my senses, the only one that doesn't hurt. Anger, I clung to it with all my power. Not wasting more time, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Dialing Ronald's number, I placed the phone to my ear. My eyes looking ahead of me; focused on the building I just escaped.

"Hello," Ronald answered. I didn't give him a chance to say more, I immediately threw my question at him, "Please tell me you figured out where Roman took him."

"Yup. Of course, I did," He answered, "I'll send you the address."

"Great," I muttered to myself before I hang up. Seconds later, a message arrived from him, holding the address in its contents. With one last look at the building, I opened the car's door and got in. I turned over the ignition, and the car rumbled to life.

Before I drove away, I made a promise to myself, to never ever get back here again, no matter what, I will never step a foot inside that building again.

************

I pulled to a stop at the curb in front of what I assume was Cara's house long ago. The one I found her in at her father's funeral day. Looks like Roman is hiding him here.

That would've not crossed my mind, good choice. I gotta admit, that little boy got it in him.

Agitation curled through me as I stared ahead of me. I gripped the door handle, wanting to run from here just as badly as I'd wanted to run from that place, from her; Knowing there wasn't one place in this world where I'd find relief for what I was feeling at the moment.

Seeing her today had ripped those old wounds open wide, leaving me raw. Realizing that all the guilt I lived through all these years was for nothing...Well, that killed me. And there is one more person to blame, the one who ruined my life in the name of his mother's death, who turned out to be pretty much alive.