Chapter 58 - The Final Battle (PART TWO)

[VERY VERY LONG CHAPTER AND VERY VERY NOT EDITED]

Finally, this chapter is done. I know I am late but happy reading anyways xD
IT IS 20K WORDS!

BTW, the gif above is so accurate!

Also, there is a lot of switching between POVs but it's necessary.

I am gonna hit publish now and run for my life *starts running*
And believe me when I say, it was so hard on me to write the last part.

See you in the epilogue! (It's gonna be really long and really important and really heartbreaking)

*******

"Life hurts a lot, more than death."

*******

Alex's POV

"Can I ask something?"

Oh, it speaks.

I didn't answer right away, I can feel her eyes on me as I drove us to our destination. Without turning, I nodded my head, ushering her to carry on, although, I would've preferred this drive to be silent.

"Would you...Would you really do what you said on the phone?" The amount of fear in her voice almost made my chest tighten, "Would you hand me over to your father like that?"

I turned to look at her, my brow arched as I asked, "Do you want the truth?" She immediately nodded her head, eager to hear the answer.

I looked back at the road ahead of us, "Yeah, I would." I honestly said, "If it wasn't for Nikolas, who I am pretty sure will literally kill me if I did it, but if it wasn't for him, I would've just handed you to him in exchange for my daughter."

I felt her shift in her seat uncomfortably, her voice shook a little, "Are you going to do that now?"

I turned to her, to see the lone tear streaming down her cheek and I shook my head, "No."

"The only purpose of taking you there is so he knows that you are alive," I explained so she can stop being so damn frightened.

"Okay." She weakly said and stayed silent after and to that I was thankful.

I felt the phone vibrate in my pocket, so I pulled it out. My eyes drifted between the road and the screen, it was a message from that bitch, I opened it and read the few words written in it. I had to go through it twice just to make sure I actually understood those words. Anger clenched my jaw and my fingers tightened over the phone.

Few seconds ticked by, I drew in a calming breath trying to think rationally. I blinked through that burn that fills my chest whenever I imagine them together.

I freaking told him to stay away from her but to him that probably meant, take her out of the house, drive her to the cemetery and stay by her side. If I killed him now, who can blame me?

I locked the phone and placed it away. The thought alone couldn't let me concentrate on the task at hand. I can't get this done with my mind busy thinking about them.