Chapter 20 - Ice cweam kiss

I love this song damn, it reminded me of Alex and Cara's situation, thanks for the recommendation babe catrealovesfunart ! *hugs you*

Happy reading, oh and a very long chapter by the way *wink* since it took me long to update so enjoy !

*****

Cara's POV

"Are you scared ?" I asked Lilly as I crouched down in front of her and buckled her seatbelt.

Her wide eyes looked at me and she nodded, her fingers wrapped tightly around the belt. Her small knuckles turning white from her very tight hold.

I gave her a smile trying to sooth her, "It's okay, i am sitting beside you, don't worry." I said as i stroked her cheek before i stood up and sat down beside her. I buckled my seatbelt as well, then took her small hand in mine.

She looked around the plane in fear, her eyes glistened with tears, her lips pressed in a pout, she sniffled and one tear trickled down her cheek.

When we came from London, she was so scared as well, but then -- then she held into Nikolas and I don't know how, but she felt safe.

He made her feel safe.

I let out a sigh. Stop thinking about him Cara. Stop.

I closed my eyes for a brief second to compose myself and when i opened them again i saw Alex walking toward us, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at Lilly.

"What's wrong ?" He said as he looked at me then back at her. His voice lacing with concern as he crouched down in front of her, "Are you scared ?" He asked as he gently stroked her fisted hand.

She nodded, more tears fell and scrolled down her red cheek. Alex's eyebrows pulled together as if it pained him to see her tears.

His hand went to her cheek and with his thumb wiped the few tears away. His hands traveled to the seatbelt and he unbuckled it, "Come here." He said as he took her in his arms.

She didn't oblige as I thought she would, instead once she was in his arms, she wrapped her fingers tightly around his shirt and buried her face in his chest. Her body so tense.

Alex's arms immediately found their way around her as he pressed her closer to him, his eyes closed for a brief second trying to let his emotions in.

He stood up with her in his embrace, her low sniffs broke my heart and i can surely say it broke his.

He gently stroked her back and walked to the seat facing mine, he sat down. "Shush, relax, it's okay-" he said soothingly as he tried to make her look at him.

"Don't cry, come on little cupca-" he started to say but stopped himself, he let out a low sigh as Lilly pulled back and looked at him, her small hand still fisted around his shirt not letting him go.

She was looking up at him, and i was amazed, she never accepts anyone holding her. She is not used to people that much, but Alex somehow managed to break through her walls like he did to me.

He got it in him.

She looked at him as if she just felt it, the connection between them, the pull toward him, the same blood that's rushing in their veins.