Chapter 9 - Your worst nightmare

[NOT EDITED-Nah Nah- NOT AT ALL]

Cara's POV

My wide eyes directly flicked from my father to Roman, I didn't understand anything.

This guy is my brother.

My real brother.

What the-

At the moment i finally understood the weird familiarity in his eyes. They're the same as my mothers eyes. His mother as well.

Oh my god.

"But how ? ", My voice was low as i talked, i looked back at my father and shook my head, "This doesn't make sense."

"It does, just think about it." My father simply said, "You never wondered why you didn't see your mother for a couple of months after i left." My dad asked, my eyebrows furrowed, "Never wondered why you stayed at your aunt's that whole time."

What.

"When i left, your mother was pregnant." He said, my eyes widened more, "With Roman."

"We had a deal." He added. "If i have to go, then i have to take one of you with me."

"But why ?" I said, this still doesn't make any sense to me.

"She wanted me to leave, you know, to protect you." He said, he raised an eyebrows, "And for sure I wasn't going to leave both of my children behind and go."

Yeah, the perfect dad, isn't he-

I looked back at Roman, he looked back at me, he didn't seem surprised at all, he sure knew all this from before.

My heart ached, a lot, "So she gave up on her son, so she can protect me ?" I said, more like a statement than a question, my voice low as that realization dawned on me.

Why would she do that?

She was protecting me from my dad, but then she just handed Roman to him, didn't she think he will be in danger too ?

She won't do that. Why would she?

Oh god, i really don't understand.

She lost her son. I lost a brother.

-All just because of him.

My jaw tightened, my hand curled into a fist, i felt them in my eyes again threatening to fall. Will i ever stop crying ? As long as i am here, I don't think i will be able to.

"I want to go back to my room." I muttered blankly as i started walking toward the door, but my father's hand went to my arm, holding me back, stopping me, "Cara-"

I gritted my teeth as I directly removed his hand away, i looked at him, hurt and pain in my eyes, "Don't touch me." I said stressing on each word before i turned around and went out of the room.

Once outside, i noticed that i have no idea how to go back. I let out a sigh as i looked around trying to remember.

"Come, i'll take you."

I turned my head to the right as i heard his voice, Roman gave me a small smile- his smile is so sweet.

I nodded and let him lead me back to my room, not that i had any other choice.